Will 2 be better than 1?

[quote]

Yeah, it’d really suck if Volume 2 ended up sounding like Kung Pow:  Enter the Fist.[/quote]

Yes it would suck very bad if that happens.

I was interested in seeing Yuki’s Revenge, but since I think that that whole chapter was cut out, I will be looking forward to The Bride hunting down Bill’s mentor, which is Michael Parks, in a mexican whorehouse, and definitely Pai Mai, and I am interested in seeing how he films the grave scene.

I need a confirmation on something.

I heard that Bill VS The Bride was re-written and re-shot. Is this true? And if it is, is there a source available that can prove this?

I doubt it. Seems to me from the interviews Qt has been giving he isnt to fond of the idea of reshoots. Since after cutting the movie in 2 someone asked something about the cut scenes and he said that 155 days was enough shooting time , etc.

Although he also mentioned maybe doing those scenes in anime form at a later juncture

I heard that he did reshoot some scene with David in them where the actor had to come back and do some more work.

I believe the final battle is different than in the script.

It would really suck if Pak Mei (i thought it was Pei Mei, thanks Alpha) sounds shitty.

JW

In the script didn’t Tarantino spell it “Pai Mei” though? ???

I always thought it was spelled Pai Mei too. Thats the way QT spelt it in the script. Ive been pronouncing it “PIE MAY”.

As far as QT dubbing the voice. Theres really no telling what its going to sound like until we hear it. I’m sure QT wants to get it exactly right. Thats one of the most important chapters in the film. I dont think he’d even do it if he thought it jeopardized the film. I dont think its going to be played for comedic effects either. Its simply going to be a serious acting job dubbed over Gordon Lius voice until it calls for some comedy.

The Blood Splattered Bride title has already been used in Vol 1. I dont know what the last chapter title is going to be called now.

[quote]In the script didn’t Tarantino spell it “Pai Mei” though?  ???[/quote]

Yes, that’s the way Tarantino spelled it and I suppose that’s just the way he wanted to spell it, but if you do a little research you’ll find it’s spelled either Pak Mei or Bai Mei.

[quote]I always thought it was spelled Pai Mei too. Thats the way QT spelt it in the script. Ive been pronouncing it “PIE MAY”. [/quote]

I don’t know the reason why Tarantino spelled it that way, but any Martial Arts historian will tell you it’s spelled Pak Mei or Bai Mei.

[quote]As far as QT dubbing the voice. Theres really no telling what its going to sound like until we hear it. I’m sure QT wants to get it exactly right. Thats one of the most important chapters in the film. I dont think he’d even do it if he thought it jeopardized the film. I dont think its going to be played for comedic effects either. Its simply going to be a serious acting job dubbed over Gordon Lius voice until it calls for some comedy.[/quote]

I hope you’re right. In my opinion this is the most important chapter in Vol.2 that needs to come off near perfect. Quentin fucks this chapter up and the rest of the film won’t be worth it for me. I’ll just walk out. ÂÂ

It’s gonna be fuckin’ good. I have high hopes for the next movie. I think it’s gonna be better but then again i spent money to see WINDTALKERS so i don’t know what’s gonna be good anymore.

any ideas on how long it will be? I seem to be getting the impression it will be longer than the first chapter…and maybe quite a bit longer. In one QT interview i read he even mentioned he probably could cut it into 3 movies, so that makes me thing it might be 2 hours +…probably 2.5

Its definately gonna be 2 hours which already makes it 10 minutes longer than Vol. 1 but i wouldnt be surprised if its like 130 or 140 minutes. That would be soooooooo cooooooool.

JW

I hope they sell the DVD as one movie. So you don’t have to make that transistion from volume 1 to volume 2. But I guess what QT said about the average movie goers need that break. However movie junkies, such as me, I could’ve sat through fucking 6 hours of Kill Bill.