The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Why Not Budd First?

the Bride awakes from her coma in Texas, yes? Then why doesn’t she kill Budd first, seeing as how he is in Texas. Just curious…

This has been answered before… but it’s because she doesn’t know where Budd is. She mentions that O-ren is the head of the Tokyo underworld, and that she hasn’t tried to keep it a secret, so O-ren had to be first. She then found out the whearabouts of the others from Sophie.

Muchos Grassy ass

And really, would we really want to see good ol’ Michael Madsen getting off’d first? I wouldn’t

[quote]This has been answered before… but it’s because she doesn’t know where Budd is.  She mentions that O-ren is the head of the Tokyo underworld, and that she hasn’t tried to keep it a secret, so O-ren had to be first.  She then found out the whearabouts of the others from Sophie.[/quote]

Of course this answer says enough…

I think it´s also important for the development of the plot …hm…the fear of Bill to be killed. The Bride comes closer to him.

Spoiler.

Budd is Bills brother and if you see the Trailer, you know how nervous he is, when he talks with Budd… And he fucked Elle so it is clear that she was killed later then O-Ren, cuz she is nearer to Bill, I think. With every murder she comes closer to him.

What’s Budd’s fighting speciality?

[quote]What’s Budd’s fighting speciality?[/quote]

I think he's more of a hit man than a fighter.

[quote]I think he’s more of a hit man than a fighter.[/quote]

given that he is in Texas and KB 2 is supposedly influenced by spaghetti western movies instead of kung fu movies, Madsen is probably gonna be ALL ABOUT THE GUNS (i can’t imagine michael madsen being very good in a hand to hand fight).

I totally agree with Scareface hitman theory, but do you think about the fact, that

Spoiler

has a fucking Hanzo sword and lied about the fact? Some ideas?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

[quote]I totally agree with Scareface hitman theory, but do you think about the fact, that

Spoiler

has a fucking Hanzo sword and lied about the fact?  Some ideas?[/quote]
I hope he gets to use it. ;D

Ugh, you quoted a spoiler…

I think this board needs to adopt tags. I’ve seen them on other boards and they are nice. Basically, just put whatever you want in the spoiler tags and in your post it’ll pop up as a button. If you want to view the spoiler, press the button. If not, leave it alone.

I can’t seem to imagine Budd sword fighting, possible though.

Spoiler

[quote]I can’t seem to imagine Budd sword fighting, possible though.[/quote]

Spoiler:

Yep, he would be better as a hitman, like Scarface wrote. But he has this sword! So what  did he do with it?