Why does vincent's gun go off?

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Ok everybody…deep breathes. Its just a forum…Everyone should be nice and joyous and not get mad because someone says somethingt that sounds similar to what they said.ÂÂ

Play nice god dammit!!
[/quote]

sorry… :frowning:

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
sorry… :frowning:
[/quote]

:-*

In this episode of Tarantinoinfo, Peacemaker Plunderbunnie saves a topic from the depths of hell.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
In this episode of Tarantinoinfo, Peacemaker Plunderbunnie saves a topic from the depths of hell.
[/quote]

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA…

Wait, i did a good thing?? ;D

Next Friday on Tarantinoinfo…

I never undrestood why Vincent still has his gun drawn out. I mean, Joules already knew Marvin, he even introduced him to Vincent. So there’s no reason in particular for Vince to have his gun out if Marvin can be trusted.

[quote=“Snake Charmer”]
I never undrestood why Vincent still has his gun drawn out. I mean, Joules already knew Marvin, he even introduced him to Vincent. So there’s no reason in particular for Vince to have his gun out if Marvin can be trusted.
[/quote]

Hes probably just used to guns. they arent just for protection, they’re just normal.

or still just impressed by what just happened, he was still rambling about it when he shot marvin.

Its hard to say really because I dont see QT as someone who puts messages in his movie.

So its just a cool thing to do, plus it helps the style of PF. Cliche stories fucked up by some very not cliche shit.

again, the greatness in PF is the characters, actors, but what I value most is:

just when you think you know, you really dont. And QT just bitch slaps you with it in a very cool way: violence! 8)

Yeah, I dont really believe in their being any particular ‘deeper message’ in PF so im going to say that the gun going off was merely a convieneint plot twist…that said if you were going to go with a deep subliminal message:

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
The “deeper” meaning behind it could be related to the story of jules being the shepard leading marvin through the valley of darkness and vince the tirranny of evil men who shoots the weak nonetheless…so the shepard failing after he and the tiranny just got saved by divine intervention…

doesnt jules actually say: we are in in the valley, vince! marcellus doesnt have any friends here…jules failed to explain the divine intervention to vince, and thus failing to save the weak (marvin)
[/quote]

ha ha…nicework, im impressed!

well orginaly in the first script vinceant was supposed to shoot marvin once in the throat by accident and once again in the head to silence him but QT changed it becuase he thought it has funner and more shocking with 1 shot. But it never really is expland why the gun went off i think maybe were just supposed to accept it and thats it

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
its not a mystery, it just accidently went off, it can happen
[/quote]
“shit happens”

[quote=“mikke”]
“shit happens”
[/quote]
very true

that just meant to be so:) Version with the american gun - fair enough to belive:)) Ha-ha-ha:-)))

Evidence evidence evidence, hmm. What the fuck do you mean??!! Here’s you godamn evidence!!

A GOD DAMN FUCKING HEAD EXPLODED

[quote=“vadid”]
well orginaly in the first script vinceant was supposed to shoot marvin once in the throat by accident and once again in the head to silence him but QT changed it becuase he thought it has funner and more shocking with 1 shot. But it never really is expland why the gun went off i think maybe were just supposed to accept it and thats it
[/quote]

Actually no, Travolta thought it would be funnier and lighter if it was one shot. He thought that shooting him again was too dark to be funny.

“Oh man, I just shot Marvin in the face!”

“Why the fuck’d you do that?!?”

“I didn’t mean to do it, man. It was an accident. The car probably went over a bump or something.”

“Man, the car didn’t hit no motherfuckin’ bump!”

"Look, I didn’t mean to shoot the sonofabitch. The gun went off. I don’t know why."

End of story. It’s obviously just a freak thing, open to interpretation. Interestingly, in the end Jules considers carefully why the bullets spared him, but he and Vincent never mention Marvin again. Hmm…

I am a gun enthusiast - The reason that gun safety is so important is because sometimes the fucking things just go off. It can’t be explained - its just one of those things that happens - that’s why you either keep em’ unloaded or put the fucking safety on - The true way to carry a semi-automatic pistol is with an empty chamber - The Israelis are trained to draw the weapon, pull the receiver to load the chamber and fire quicker than most can merely draw a weapon with a round allready in the chamber - it is much safer this way - and no Jews accidentally get killed in the process! Not everything in a film has to have some kind of fucking meaning - sometimes shit just happens - What’s next - are we going to evaluate why the wolf likes lots of cream and lots of sugar in his coffee?

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I am a gun enthusiast
[/quote]

hahaha yeah good luck with that

good luck with what?

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
What’s next - are we going to evaluate why the wolf likes lots of cream and lots of sugar in his coffee?
[/quote]

That is an interesting point actually. My guess would be that he’s just a pussy, I mean, cream in your coffee? Come on! That’s weak!