The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Who places the bet?

WHO DOES BUTCH THANK FOR PUTTIN’ IN A BET FOR HIM?

well, he’s a price fighter. I think he had some bets at a bookie’s office. and since he faked the fight, he already knew who’d win an so he won a lot of money. I think it’s just a trusted bookie friend of his (who probably made a lot of money, too with this deal)

Didnt Butch place his bets with a number of different bookies so as not to make it look too obvious?

[quote]Didnt Butch place his bets with a number of different bookies so as not to make it look too obvious?[/quote]

Yep.

His friend Scotty from Knoxville placed the bets.

i know he took the $ marsellus gave him and bet on himself . he let out the news that he was going to lose so betting on him was an extreme long shot probably becuz everyone figured there was no way anyone would do some shady shit if marsellus was involved. he gave the money to scotty(thanks dude) to bet for him becuz he wouldn’t have been able to collect. they spread it out becuz if they threw it on one bookie it would have raised some eyebrows and marsellus would have been notified by the bookie who both wouldn’t want to pay out the money and to try to get in the good graces of marsellus