The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Which Anderson?

Which of these Anderson directors is your favorite?

• Paul Thomas Anderson
  • Wes Anderson
  • Paul W.S. Anderson

0 voters

So which one is your favorite and why?

I picked Wes Anderson cause he’s the only one I’ve seen plus Royal Tenenbaums is on my top 10 favorite movies.

Wes Anderson: Rushmore

:wink:

I totally agree about Wes Anderson "The Royal Tetenbaums"is in my top10 too!

His movies are unique and so beautifully eccentric.

I’m sorry, but who in their right mind would ever choose Paul WS Anderson? Why did you even include him?

This is hard for me to choose. I think that PT Anderson is a credit to American filmmaking and will go down in the history books. But I have a humour very similar to Wes Anderson, so I find his films hilarious and yet they are always deeper than just comedies.

I might go with Wes Anderson.

PT Anderson.

[quote=“Angel”]
I’m sorry, but who in their right mind would ever choose Paul WS Anderson? Why did you even include him?

This is hard for me to choose. I think that PT Anderson is a credit to American filmmaking and will go down in the history books. But I have a humour very similar to Wes Anderson, so I find his films hilarious and yet they are always deeper than just comedies.

I might go with Wes Anderson.
[/quote]
Well if it weren’t for a bad ass zombie trilogy such as Resident Evil I would never choose Paul W.S. Anderson . But here I am voting for Paul W.S. Anderson who managed to adapt a videogame into some pretty damn good movies. Call it my guilty pleasure if you will, but I just like them. As far as Wes Anderson goes, I think he’s clever, just not my cup of tea. Same goes for the other guy. Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil play like modern exploitation films from the 70s, in fact look at the opening sequence in Extinction, where Alice is captured by mad survivors, the entire sequence will remind you of Star Wars: A New Hope and Mad Max - awesome sequence! I still think his writing sucks, but his ideas are pretty original.

Another thing, for the people in this board who actually saw Extinction, which I beleive not many did…anyway there’s a small sequence that pays homage to Day Of The Dead, Albert Wesker tells Dr. Isaacs that zombies should be domesticated in order to put an end to the zombie hostility, meaning their crave for human flesh - there’s a scene which is hilarious by the way, there’s this zombie who uses a cell phone and a digital camera, I thought that was interesting, I mean the scene played out horribly, but overall it’s bad filmmaking at its best.