When did you first start being a fan?

[quote=“visualsynergy”]
Well they can’t be underrated if their films crop up in a lot of people’s greatest film lists, unless you’re talking about the Coen Brothers themselves not related to their films. And that would only make sense if you knew them in person or was talking about their private lives.
[/quote]

My point is, hardly anybody seems to talk about the Coens in the same way they talk about “the greats”. Yet their films constantly appear on people’s top film lists. It’s like they put down a Coen brothers film as great, they know it’s great, but don’t address the greatness. But when you happen to make a thread about them for example, you’ll get a lot of replies from people saying how much they love their films.

I don’t follow your logic. If their films constantly appear on people’s top film lists and people generally post favorable responses when starting threads on the Coens, then they really can’t be underrated or underappreciated. The reason they don’t compare them to the greats is because they’ve only been around since the 80’s and you rarely see a modern director being considered one of the best of all time and you really can’t compare a Coens films to a Hitchcock or Kurosawa film no matter how entertaining their films may be. They may be “cult” like Seb said, but even now with their mainstream films it’s hard to call them underrated.

I think that you will be hard-pressed to find a film that was made (filmed, written, directed, cast, etc…) better than Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

Guys if youre going to really talk about the Coens, can you keep the Coens related stuff in the Coens topics. We want to keep the QT topics about QT.

Yes Mr Officer.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

I aint no cop man…I’m hip! :slight_smile:

Cool :slight_smile:

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
I aint no cop man…I’m hip! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Hip people don’t snitch.

The Coen Brothers should shamelessly self promote themselves… they should have “Presented by the Coen brothersâ€

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]

The Coen Brothers should shamelessly self promote themselves… they should have “Presented by the Coen brothersâ€

How tough is it to go into the Coens topic and discuss this stuff? Lets stay on topic. It just gets confusing.

[quote=“Ify”]
I couldn’t disagree with you more. I hate when people do this. It would just be cool if there were more discussions about the Coens’.
[/quote]

lol I wasn’t serious… I hate when people do that as well…

Irony doesn’t work well with Ify.

Since Kill bill… Im fresh fan, but just old enough to understand his films, though…

Saw Jackie Brown when I was nine, then Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction when I was twelve, snuck into the cinema to see kill bill vol. one and two. Seen all his movies, the ones he wrote, directed, produced and acted in he just add’s a touch of pure gold to everything he touches. I’m only sixteen now. shouldn’t have seen any of his films(except Hero) but they are the best ever he is a God! :angel:

Yeah, I didn’t like his direction in Hero. His framing was all wrong.

[quote=“Ify”]
Yeah, I didn’t like his direction in Hero. His framing was all wrong.
[/quote]
Yeah but when he directed Hostel it all came together.

I’ve been a fan since Pulp.

[quote=“me”]
Yeah but when he directed Hostel it all came together.
[/quote]

I quite liked the musical score he wrote for My Name Is Modesty. And the set decoration he did was beautiful.

And he was pretty good when he played Modesty Blaise, it’s amazing how he made his chin smaller for that role. Oh and he grew some tits too…

[quote=“Bad Max”]
And he was pretty good when he played Modesty Blaise, it’s amazing how he made his chin smaller for that role. Oh and he grew some tits too…
[/quote]
Haha! Thats cool, I gotta see Modesty blaise… I have bought it, but never have the time to see it. :stuck_out_tongue: