The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

What westerns should i get / What are everyone's favorite westerns?

Two of my favourites that I haven’t seen mentioned are “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid”, and “Two Mules for Sister Sarah”… Ever since I was a little kid.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Two of my favourites that I haven’t seen mentioned are “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid”, and “Two Mules for Sister Sarah”… Ever since I was a little kid.
[/quote]

Butch Cassidy has been mentioned twice already!

Two Mules was on TV the other week, it’s a pitty I didn’t know about it, otherwise I’d have loved to watch it. Watching a Western, inside a warm cosy room on a Sunday afternoon… what could be better?

is Don Siegel a good western director?

I’ve got everyone of clint eastwood’s westerns except Two Mules…, just because i remeber watching it as a child and getting bored - I seem to remember an outlaw/stranger type eastwood character getting hurt - found by a female character who then takes eastwoods character to her house where her mother and sisters care for him until he’s better - then eastwood has a love affair with one of them - and has a falling out with them but has to defend them from other outlaws?

is this a right description?

lol all that just off the top of my head from when i watched a western when i was 10.

I wonder if ‘Inglorious bastards’ will get classified a neo-western like No Country for Old Men did. In my opinion the coens should make a few more masterpieces like that on, but that’s by the by.

I dont know how many Westerns Don Siegel did. But he did all kinds of genres from Invasion of The Body Snatchers (sci fi) to Dirty Harry (crime). He was def a great director. One of Clints mentors along with Leone.

[quote=“Scarface”]
I never knew you can turn into a pussy just by watching a movie. Why don’t I get notified of these things?
[/quote]

could you grow a pussy if you watch a movie? If so, I'll put some houseplants in front of the television and turn on Steel Magnolias

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]

could you grow a pussy if you watch a movie? If so, I’ll put some houseplants in front of the television and turn on Steel Magnolias
[/quote]

Dolly Parton and Julia Roberts? You have weird tastes.

Leave it to Kilgore to take a topic about Westerns and turn it into “Man Pussy Wanted”. lol.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Leave it to Kilgore to take a topic about Westerns and turn it into “Man Pussy Wanted”. lol.
[/quote]

A guy walks into a sex shop and asks the guy behind the counter for a pocket pussy. The man rings it up on the cash register and says “you want me to put it in an unmarked brown paper bag?”. The man replies “no thanks, I’ll eat it here”.

[quote=“Ify”]
Butch Cassidy has been mentioned twice already!

Two Mules was on TV the other week, it’s a pitty I didn’t know about it, otherwise I’d have loved to watch it. Watching a Western, inside a warm cosy room on a Sunday afternoon… what could be better?
[/quote]

Sorry, I just skimmed the other posts. I guess I need to hone my skimming skills. Eww, that sounds sorta raunchy, dunnit? Anyway, I love to curl up in the recliner in the morning with a hot cuppa earl grey and watch an old western. Very perfect. And Two Mules for Sister Sarah is the greatest Sunday morning movie. Oh how I love me some early morning Eastwood.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Sorry, I just skimmed the other posts. I guess I need to hone my skimming skills. Eww, that sounds sorta raunchy, dunnit? Anyway, I love to curl up in the recliner in the morning with a hot cuppa earl grey and watch an old western. Very perfect. And Two Mules for Sister Sarah is the greatest Sunday morning movie. Oh how I love me some early morning Eastwood.
[/quote]

two mules is a good one. Irish Breakfast is the better tea.

[quote=“KT”]two mules is a good one. Irish Breakfast is the better tea.[/quote]

I don’t like it as much. Earl Grey FTW. Why are you working so hard to take this thread off-topic? :slight_smile:

I also really love Big Jake… cos it just reminds me of my Pawpaw.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I don’t like it as much. Earl Grey FTW. Why are you working so hard to take this thread off-topic? :slight_smile:

I also really love Big Jake… cos it just reminds me of my Pawpaw.
[/quote]
I just like to have a nice cup of Irish Breakfast and two slices while I watch The Quiet Man…get it?

no

[quote=“Geoi”]
no
[/quote]

the quiet man was irish

oh, I see. haha, meh

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
To eleborate on Crazy Kenneths statement:

Howard Hawks and John Wayne went to see High Noon and neither of them liked it. They thought Gary Cooper was a wimp and the story sucked. Rio Bravo was their answer to that film. And before I knew that story Rio Bravo was one of my favorite westerns and High Noon wasnt.
[/quote]

Ruh-roh!!

Me think’s I’ve gone & made a jackass of mine-self. Sorry’ bout that, old chums.

No big deal Spiros.

Stagecoach

The Ox-Bow Incident

The Ballad of Cable Hogue

Tom Horn

3:10 To Yuma (Original)

The Tin Star

Ramrod

The Outlaw (Jane Russell :-*)

Winchester '73

Add Anthony Mann to the list of great Western directors.