What if

I know a lot of really stupid people who are big QT fans. They love all his movies but for some reason the DONT wanna see Kill Bill! Well if some of his big fans are stupid enough not to see it, then what would happen if a lot of poeple didn’t see it? I guess my question is: If Kill Bill Volume 1 does poorly, what will happen to volume 2? Will it still be released in theatres, or will Harvey Weinstein be a dick and make it straight to video? I hope it does well cuz it’s gonna be cool as hell!

I think its damn near impossible for Kill Bill: Volume 1 not to do well. Just the QT haters alone will buy 10M$ in tickets, and the rest of us fans will probably see it more than once. And once it gets out how great/violent it is, a new wave of people will go see it… some just to bash the blood, and some to confirm for themselves that QT is once again the fuckin’ masta!

But as a hypothetical if it did bomb, they’d still release Volume 2 in theaters there’s no way it could go straight to video. Could it? Damn, that would suck.

I really haven’t considered vol 1 to bomb. Coz it won’t.

Shit, if Jeepers Creepers got a sequel, i would be hardpressed to think vol 2 won’t come out…

And if it doesn’t? I don’t think Harvey Weinstein will have a lot of friends left… (does he have any atm? :P)

I don’t see this being a MAJOR blockbuster. It’s definately a cult film. Not too many mainstream audience members will see it, at least I don’t think so, anyways. I’m sure all the Tarantino fans, whether rabid or just casual, will go and see it and it’ll make some good cash. I’ll probably only see it once in the theater cause I really don’t even want to have to pay $20 to see the entire movie, but I will. Maybe. Eh, I’m starting to ramble now. Ok, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! :slight_smile:

I think it’ll do damn well. The Mainstream audience will know about this movie. It’s on the cover of every magazine, it’s all over the internet, and I’ve seen a bunch of commercials for it already, such as on an NFL game or Jay Leno. Shows that people watch. People know about this movie, and people will wanna see it. It’s just so irresistable, even to a regular-joe. I think it’ll do well. Fuck that cult shit, people will see it. Mirimax has great faith in this movie, and it’s already getting rave reviews by critics. Many of you may say that doesn’t matter. Maybe to you, but in terms of the movie’s success, it does.

[quote]I think it’ll do damn well. The Mainstream audience will know about this movie. It’s on the cover of every magazine, it’s all over the internet, and I’ve seen a bunch of commercials for it already, such as on an NFL game or Jay Leno. Shows that people watch. People know about this movie, and people will wanna see it. It’s just so irresistable, even to a regular-joe. I think it’ll do well. Fuck that cult shit, people will see it. Mirimax has great faith in this movie, and it’s already getting rave reviews by critics. Many of you may say that doesn’t matter. Maybe to you, but in terms of the movie’s success, it does. [/quote]

I think it’ll do well too, but hypothetically, what do you think would happen if it didn’t do well? That was my question. I’m really glad it’s suddenly getting some publicity.

Oh, missed that part. Well, hypothetically Mirimax would be fucked, because they spent so much on this movie. If it bombed, Tarantino’s reputation would go down the shitter. That wouldn’t really affect his future movies though, because movie companies do know that directors can’t always strike gold four times in a row. Keep that in mind.

In terms of volume two’s fate, I’m really not sure.

I bet it’s gonna be a blockbuster or something, the trailers give off its a na ction movie (Which it is) and Action movies do the best in the box office.

Yeh for sure. They made the theatrical very mainstream. The bootleg does the movie the most justice but i’m sure if you put that trailer on before craphouse reloaded, it would’ve gotten more boos than the teaser did…

Not for nothing badmotherfucker, ye doth speculate too much  :wink:  Folks are too obsessed with box office as a measure of a films worth these days.  I don’t have a crystal ball, but my only interest is will “Kill Bill” rock me like RD and PF (JB was not going for that affect.)  If it does (and I have no doubt it will; I had my doubts when I first read the early internet script, but oooh, my, my the beauty of what’s coming out bit by bit till it’s unleashed  ;D)  ) then it is a success.  If my feelings represent about a million people (poll wise,) then the few of us fans at Tarantino.info will make this is a worldwide phenomenon. Frankly, I think QT’s “Kill Bill” will be the catalyst for world peace, finally, because we all will be too busy enjoying movies and eating pie, instead of killing each other.  Know what I mean?  8)

Quentin would be forced to endure forty lashed by Weinstein, and then he’d be sent to the slave camps (I mean studios) where he would then begin work on Vega Brothers. ToothPickVicVega would take his own life upon hearing the news and Sebastian would curl up into the fetal position and cry himself to sleep every night from thenceforth.

just kidding. :wink:

[quote]I know a lot of really stupid people who are big QT fans. They love all his movies but for some reason the DONT wanna see Kill Bill! [/quote]

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. They're supposed to be big fans, but they don't even wanna give the movie a chance? And I agree with Dead_Nigga and all the others who say that the movie will do well.

I dont think people are ready for Kill Bill. QT is gonna be giving them something most havent even seen before.

I predict Kill Bill will get critical AND commercial acclaim.

I am convinced that none of you except the select few have read my posts. I said that i think it will do well. i never said it wouldn’t. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW IT’S GONNA DO GOOD. I FUCKING KNOW!!! And by the way, i should have written, WERE big fans of Quentins, cuz if they don’t want to see his movies, they aren’t true fans.

Oh yeah, and i don’t give a shit if it does well or not, because that’s not how i measure how good a movie is. Anybody who does that is fucking retarded. HOWEVER, I will give a shit if kill bill volume II doesn’t go to theatres, or if QT doesn’t get enough money or leeway for his next movies. I’m guessing all of you agree that that would suck.

[quote]I am convinced that none of you except the select few have read my posts. I said that i think it will do well. i never said it wouldn’t. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW IT’S GONNA DO GOOD. I FUCKING KNOW!!! And by the way, i should have written, WERE big fans of Quentins, cuz if they don’t want to see his movies, they aren’t true fans.[/quote]

Calm down and don’t start with the “true fans” bullshit… If some people aren’t interested in Kill Bill then that’s their loss. Accept it and move on.

[quote]HOWEVER, I will give a shit if kill bill volume II doesn’t go to theatres, or if QT doesn’t get enough money or leeway for his next movies. I’m guessing all of you agree that that would suck.[/quote]

None of that is very plausible anyway so why bother mentiong shit like that…?

Ok. good point. whatever, i didn’t say any of you had to answer. so if you don’t want to answer, you don’t have to tell me about it. just don’t post please.

But of course, you have every right to post. So if for some reason you want to post that you don’t like the topic, go ahead, post about it. I’m just not gonna respond. Thanks a bundle! :’(

You sound like a baby. Get a fucking life.

calm down guys… this is a hyptothetical topic, post your thoughts, dont start kickin each others butts just because you think YOUR idea is the only true one… kids

Well thats what i was trying to say, but i’m a fucking moron with “no life” so i couldn’t sum it up so quickly.