What do you think the Chronological order of Death Proof is?

QT said “Death Proof is something that could really happen, but Planet Terror is something that could never happen”.

So for me thats him stating that while DP is set in the Real World Universe, PT takes place in the Alternate Movie Movie Universe. BUT PT may also be in the Rodriguez Movie Movie Universe, not the QT Movie Movie universe. Confusing aint it?

Usually they keep those worlds separate. With GH they kinda mixed them into each other.

Maybe its the fact they are separate films. They arent part of one big story.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
QT said “Death Proof is something that could really happen, but Planet Terror is something that could never happen”.

So for me thats him stating that while DP is set in the Real World Universe, PT takes place in the Alternate Movie Movie Universe.
[/quote]

I see, but I don’t think Quentin was talking about his movie universes when he said that, he was more talking about the plausibility of each film and how much more realistic his is compared to Robert’s.

I would have to say that Death Proof is in the same universe with Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction with the obvious inclusion of Big Kahuna Burger. Death Proof is also in the same universe as From Dusk 'til Dawn and Kill Bill with the obvious inclusion of Earl McGraw.

As far as Jackie Brown…I’m not so sure.

don’t both universes have Big Kahuna Burger?

Death Proof is in the same Realer Than Real World Universe as True Romance, Dogs, Pulp Fiction. Its NOT in the Movie Movie Universe with From Dusk Til Dawn and Kill Bill. Planet Terror is in that universe.

The Tarantino brand names (Red Apple, Big Kahuna Burger etc) can show up in both universes.

The McGraw family and the Crazy Babysitter Twins are new characters who can jump from the Movie Movie Universe to the Realer Than Real World Universe along with Winston Wolf, who QT stated was the first character who could do that.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
The Tarantino brand names (Red Apple, Big Kahuna Burger etc) can show up in both universes.

The McGraw family and the Crazy Babysitter Twins are new characters who can jump from the Movie Movie Universe to the Realer Than Real World Universe along with Winston Wolf, who QT stated was the first character who could do that.
[/quote]

…now I’m confused…

Thats as clear as I can make it. :slight_smile:

You know how the Wolf can jump between universes? Well that means he will use the Wolf again in another film. Which means he will make another film that belongs in the movie-movie universe. Hmmm…

At first I didn’t question that QT had all this movie universe thing mapped out. But now it seems like he is just making it up as he goes a long. Kind of like what Lucas did with Star Wars. He has an initial idea, but then thinks up more stuff later and tries to fit that in somehow. It’s most satisfying to know that QT knows exactly everything about this universe thing. I don’t like how it now seems that he hasn’t got it all planned.

[quote=“Ify”]
You know how the Wolf can jump between universes? Well that means he will use the Wolf again in another film. Which means he will make another film that belongs in the movie-movie universe. Hmmm…

At first I didn’t question that QT had all this movie universe thing mapped out. But now it seems like he is just making it up like he goes a long. Kind of like what Lucas did with Star Wars. He has an initial idea, but then thinks up more stuff later and tries to fit that in somehow. It’s most satisfying to know that QT knows exactly everything about this universe thing. I don’t like how it now seems that he hasn’t got it all planned.
[/quote]

Blame Rodriguez, hes the guy who used McGraw and created Dakota and The Crazy Babysitter Twins.

In QTs Universes Sheriff McGraw and Edger can show up in both like The Wolf. Thats it.

Yes, QT will make more movies in the Fantastic Movie Universe like Kill Bill. But Im not sure if The Wolf will appear. Maybe.

I think it could be in a different order. When Stuntman Mike finally kills Pam he leans over and looks at her, and his facial expression is sort of suprised at first. This could possibly be his first victim he has ever killed. Once he realizes that he finally is a killer he is more confident. Then he says that he needs to go get his other girlfriends. If you watch the film again (I mean when you watch the film again) notice his facial expression as he leans over and notices Pam is dead.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
But Im not sure if The Wolf will appear. Maybe.
[/quote]

Well I’m just wondering why QT would say that the Wolf can travel between universes if he isn’t planning on using the Wolf again in a movie-movie universe film.

You know QT. Just cuz he says that doesnt mean it will def happen.

I think some of us are following this two movie universe rule very strictly. The Crazy Babysitter Twins and Dakota and Jungle Julia existed in both movies not because they can universe hop but because they were all in Austin. Quentin thought it was cool when Robert used McGraw and introduced his daughter. Universe rules be damned. Just because he posits a theory doesn’t mean he will always abide by it, you know?

Also, is it possible that some of Planet Terror takes place between the first and second part of Death Proof? Or that one of the parts of Death Proof takes place between most of Planet Terror and the end of it where Rose has gathered the survivors in Mexico?

I think Tennessee would be in a little worse condition if that were true

regarding the ending… after the ‘the end’ and the ‘written and directed by Quentin Tarantino’ credit are there more shots of Stuntman Mike getting his head kicked in?

when i saw it…ummm…the film just stopped right after that.

[quote=“melchizedeknm”]
I think Tennessee would be in a little worse condition if that were true
[/quote]

Whatever universe Planet Terror takes place in, it splinters off into an alternate timeline where the Sicko World domination never happened. Cause part I of DP takes place before PT, 14 months later part II of DP takes place. Now, early in PT, we hear the radio dedication to Jungle Julia which would most likely be done very shortly after her death.

So despite the two universes, PT splinters off into a separte timeline, like Biff’s 1985 in BTTF2. I have a feeling we will see Earl McGraw again and it won’t be in a post apocalypic Texas.

Ya know, I really dont consider Planet Terror part of QTs Universes. Its like its own separate thing to me. So Im not going to try to connect it with QTs films. I doubt RR will even do another film like that anyways.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Ya know, I really dont consider Planet Terror part of QTs Universes. Its like its own separate thing to me. So Im not going to try to connect it with QTs films. I doubt RR will even do another film like that anyways.
[/quote]

I don’t either, but putting the two quentin universes aside, PT and DP take place in the same world, even in the same city, at least the first part of DP. There are two many connections for them to have nothing to do with one another.

Theyre connected, but its not going to be an ongoing thing. Im sticking with the characters in QTs own 2 Universes. The other characters (Dakota, Crazy Babysitters) arent his so they dont really count.