What dead/too old actors should Quentin be working with?

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
he also said he would have casted Ralph Meeker and Aldo Ray, if they weren’t dead.
[/quote]

Ralph Meeker is a great actor. I have to agree with Lee Marvin, Lee Van Cleef and Bronson too.

New ones, never mentionned for now : Sterling Hayden and (still alive !!) Malcolm McDowell. He’d be great as a sick nazi ;D

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
that’s the same George Segal…the same George Segal from King Rat…blah blah blah
[/quote]

yeah he’s the same guy, so what? uma thurman did a shitload of bad films and madsen did free willy so what if segal was in just shoot me??? that doesn’t make him a bad actor

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
yeah he’s the same guy, so what? uma thurman did a shitload of bad films and madsen did free willy so what if segal was in just shoot me??? that doesn’t make him a bad actor
[/quote]
no…he is a very good actor. The problem is that if he were to be in a Tarantino film I would be distracted by the fact that he worked with David Spade…and I HATE David Spade.

People were saying the same thing in 94 about Travolta that guy from Perfect Staying Alive and Look Who’s Talking I can’t see him in some groundbreaking independent film… with that new director what’s his name

[quote=“nublob”]
People were saying the same thing in 94 about Travolta that guy from Perfect Staying Alive and Look Who’s Talking I can’t see him in some groundbreaking independent film… with that new director what’s his name
[/quote]

There’s a difference in being in Saturday Night Fever (which was a blockbuster when it came out) and being in Just Shoot Me with a closet homosexual like David Spade.

Wonder what he could have done with Bernie Mack?

[quote=“eazye”]
Wonder what he could have done with Bernie Mack?
[/quote]

if Bernie Mack had been in a Tarantino movie he probably would have had a massive heart attack…oh, that happened already? shit!

… oh dear.

Anthony Quinn

[quote=“Ify”]
If QT wanted De Niro to have a meatier role, he’d have one. I love what QT did with De Niro in that movie, he was basically a nobody, the lowest of the low (well maybe higher up than Sheronda, haha). It was in stark contrast to a lot of his previous roles and particularly the stuff he did with Scorsese. For me, it has a link with QT’s “every actor is equal” policy. Just because you’re Robert De Niro doesn’t make you “The Man” on either the set or in the film! I thought De Niro played it perfectly too.

And I was the guy that mentioned John Wayne :wink:
[/quote]

[color=yellow]well, all that aside, Deniro did a great job in Jackie Brown, but if he worked with QT again it would be cool to see a meatier role for Deniro

and add another name to the list…Tishiro Mifune

+