What comic book did you just buy?

I bought Elektra lives again and V for Vendetta

New batman one. It was alright, way to short and not enough story. I love batman, but it could have been better.

i work for marvel in nyc, so i don’t really buy the comics i read, but the last books i picked up at the store were: v for vendetta, a dame to kill for first edition, the dark knight strikes back, and 1000 spider-man covers.

that sounds like a nice job. you get to read comics all day!?

ha, i wish. i basically clean up artwork on photoshop, align spread shots, and ink in speech bubbles.

sounds like an okey job man. do you get to work on the work of big artists/writers?

[quote=“SteveZissou”]
ha, i wish. i basically clean up artwork on photoshop, align spread shots, and ink in speech bubbles.
[/quote]

so you’re a tracer? :wink:

not a tracer…lol. i’m lower than a tracer! i use photoshop, ya! haha, and no, no artists or writers, those guys sit at home, wake up at noon, and write or draw in their undies.

[quote=“SteveZissou”]
and no, no artists or writers, those guys sit at home, wake up at noon, and write or draw in their undies.
[/quote]

That would be the best job ever…

Your job sounds awesome too. Just being part of a creative proces is fucking great!

Got if off ebay for 99 cent!!! :o Shipping costs not included. Guess because the seller didn’t have any pictures no one wanted to bid on it. Yay!

akira is amazing. long, but amazing. see, i’m really not into asian manga and anime. the film akira was a work of art. that is the equivalent of fantasia.

[quote=“SteveZissou”]
akira is amazing. long, but amazing. see, i’m really not into asian manga and anime. the film akira was a work of art. that is the equivalent of fantasia.
[/quote]

Yea, i liked it to, but it disturbed me to much to ever watch it again. It was one of thos films where Im glad i saw it, and I appreicate it, but its so depressing i cant stand it to often.

the book is like, required reading.

I actually just ordered it. Its the graphic novel adaptation of Darren Aronofsky’s script for The Fountain. They decided to go ahead with the novel whenever Brad Pitt walked away from the original production and the entire thing appeared to be dead in the water. Now we get the best of both worlds; both the graphic novel and the movie starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz

The Complete Robert Crumb

I didnt buy this, it was free comic day and at this store everyone was allowed to take one comic. A friend was there and saw this and thought id like it, so he took it for me. Its super cute.