The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

What book did you just buy?

yeah buts it s right the book is much better than the movie ,but you also have to say goldfinger is one of the best JB movies.I think you shouldn’t compare the movies with the books.Two diferent medias… :wink:

I am generally too fucking lazy to read. If it is offered as a movie…I watch the movie.

But in school you cant carry your pc oder dvd-player with you :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I read plenty in school. I am past that now.

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
Don Quixote is great!! 8)
[/quote]

Hell yes it is. It seems like every second director has tried to make a Don Quixote film and it has fallen through. I would really like to see a big and accurate Don Quixote film from a great director.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I read plenty in school. I am past that now.
[/quote]
Everybody gets older and more experiense :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote][/quote]

Catcher In The Rye for our time? (Behold, I use a smiley) :-</E>

A Scanner Darkly

Hehe - you bought A Scanner Darkly then! I bought it a few days back.

[quote=“MissMia”]
Hehe - you bought A Scanner Darkly then! I bought it a few days back.
[/quote]
yeah, i looked everywhere and found it today! very nice. Will start reading it as soon as I’ve finished my last book (or well, i’m reading 4 books right now, maybe i could just start with this one as well, haha)

Yeah, I am determined to get to the end of ‘Holy Blood, Holy Grail’ it is so deep.

[quote=“MissMia”]
Yeah, I am determined to get to the end of ‘Holy Blood, Holy Grail’ it is so deep.
[/quote]
I’m reading Jarhead, Gone baby gone, about a buick 8 and How to be good. Oh yeah, i finished How to be good last week. feels good, haha.

I’m also halfway through ‘Star of the Sea’ and ‘Blue Horizon’ - so I have to finish all that before thinking of picking up Scanner.

[quote=“MissMia”]
I’m also halfway through ‘Star of the Sea’ and ‘Blue Horizon’ - so I have to finish all that before thinking of picking up Scanner.
[/quote]
I dont think i’ll get through about a buick 8 soon, I’ll reread it this summer instead. And Jarhead… it takes me 5 minutes to read 2 pages… ahhhh, i’ll never finish it. Gone, baby, gone is the only one that is interesting and easy, haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I might give up on ‘Star of the Sea’ - I don’t know what the hell is happening.

[quote=“MissMia”]
I might give up on ‘Star of the Sea’ - I don’t know what the hell is happening.
[/quote]
I’m not sure wtf is going on in Jarhead. He’s fucking some asian chick, thats the only thing i remember

Hehe!

I am also halfway through a book about Sex Trafficking that I haven’t read from in nearly 3 months! I am so unorganized when it comes to books!

Yeah Jarhead’s pretty rambling, the movie tied it together a lot more than the book ever did. The book is still a pretty good read though, if you look at it more as a collection of little vignettes than as a cohesive unit. From a Buick 8 isn’t even worth finishing by the way, it sucked hard.

[quote=“RazorCharlie”]
Yeah Jarhead’s pretty rambling, the movie tied it together a lot more than the book ever did. The book is still a pretty good read though, if you look at it more as a collection of little vignettes than as a cohesive unit. From a Buick 8 isn’t even worth finishing by the way, it sucked hard.
[/quote]
haha, alright, then I’ll leave it at our summerhouse for someone else :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure I’ll ever finish Jarhead… Liked the movie a lot but the book is to slow for me…

Finally I found it for a price I was willing to pay! (still too expensive) This might be my fav book…