What book did you just buy?

]

Four Past Midnight Stephen King

Shutter Island Dennis Lehane

Rose Madder Stephen King

(sorry, can’t modify my last post anymore)

Gone baby, gone Dennis Lehane

I also have several books left over from Christmas that I just didn’t get around to reading because of school starting back.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://blogs.tarantino.info/movies/2006 … ing-bulls/”>http://blogs.tarantino.info/movies/2006/02/22/easy-riders-raging-bulls/</LINK_TEXT>

Mystic River by Dennis Lehane

Kurt Vonnegut - Welcome to the Monkey House

I bought (intellectuals alarm!!) The Great Gatsby - John F. Fitzgerald

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]

[/quote]

Great books!

[quote=“The Seb”]
I bought (intellectuals alarm!!) The Great Gatsby - John F. Fitzgerald
[/quote]

I don’t think i even finished that novel, even though i thought he was a great writer.

I just bought:

Don Quixote by Cervantes

[quote=“Angel”]
I don’t think i even finished that novel, even though i thought he was a great writer.

I just bought:

Don Quixote by Cervantes

[/quote]

my dad has like a massive book collection, so anything that is even remotely intellectual is in it…:stuck_out_tongue:

I have to buy the “lesser” stuff myself though…

Don Quixote is great!! 8)

The last book I bought was called Double Espresso by Frank Bruno, I bought it for a buck from Dollar General (I’m not even going to hazard to find a picture of the jacket). It was kind of an Elmore Leonard ripoff and about as good as you’d expect a book from a dollar store to be. I usually get about 3 books a week from the library, the last ones I picked up were One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey (I’ve never seen the film, go ahead and put me in movie jail), Matchstick Men by Eric Garcia (also never seen the film, I only got it because I recently read his first novel, Anonymous Rex, and loved it), and AdCult USA, a book about advertising’s influence on culture.

Bluebeard Kurt Vonnegut

bought these in the last month…

The Communist Mannifesto - Marx and Engels

No War - Naomi Klein

The end of Poverty - Jonathan Sachs

i read all of the Ian flemming James Bond books .my last i bought (and read )was Live and let die …Now i plan to buy/read a few Chuck Pahlaniuk books :wink:

[quote=“XvegaX”]
i read all of the Ian flemming James Bond books .my last i bought (and read )was Live and let die …Now i plan to buy/read a few Chuck Pahlaniuk books :wink:
[/quote]
Goldfinger is pretty good too. Much different from the movie…don’t you get tired of people telling you how much better the book is compared to the movie? I feel like saying "hey, douchebag…you’re the 1 millionth asshole to make that statement!