The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

What are all the guests doing here?

156 guests right now? :o

Where are they, who are they, why don’t they join the board and stop lurking around?

they are all of the people that either got banned or quit in a temper tantrum…

oh, wait…that only explains two - there are still 154 unaccounted for lurkers!

Half of them are probably either people that got banned or people who left the place but still lurk around as “guests”

[quote=“Scarface”]
Half of them are probably either people that got banned or people who left the place but still lurk around as “guests”
[/quote]
hah! I beat you to it!

Fuck, too fast for me! :-</E>

You know what, the reason behind the huge increase in the number of guests may be due to the connection problems. Guests may have to refresh their page a number of times to access the site, making the forum acknowledge a “guest visit” every time. Just a wild guess here.

[quote=“moussemaker”]

Where are they, who are they, why don’t they join the board and stop lurking around?

[/quote]
Very good question, yes.

And here’s another one:

Total members:1312

Most of them are lurkers (who probably signed up for seeing other profiles) or people who were active in 2004-2005-2006 and never came back since. What happened?

I dont get how theres like 90 guests at a time. Who the hell are they?

[quote=“moussemaker”]

[/quote]

I’m sure a lot of them are members. I usually browse the boards as a guest and don’t log in unless I’m going to post. Otherwise it’s a waste of 5 seconds. Other boards force you to log in, which I hate.

Everyone was a guest before signing up, I was a guest for over a year till i signed up so im sure they are checking out the site

^ Same here. I go around forums for a year most of the times to learn info on that subject of having that forum then sign-up if I would like to talk about it with those people.

I was a guest for only a month

I first visited the site as a guest around the time Kill Bill Volume 1 came out and didn’t join until around the time Volume 2 came out.

They were looking for sexy russian prostitutes who loves anal sex.

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Bad Max”]
They were looking for sexy russian prostitutes who loves anal sex.
[/quote]

lol, I was thinking the same thing. That could have been our most popular topic ever.

I joined the day I found this site. Right after they closed down the official Kill Bill Board! Before the movie was released. FUCKING MIRAMAX!

Some boards do not clear out the guests as soon as they leave so it may look like there are lots more people here than there really is. Different times apply to different versions. It makes boards look like they have higher traffic than they really do. But perhaps QT is having a LAN party and getting all his guests to browse the site. Most visitors drop in to look at the bootay in my sig.

Seb once said that if there is a guest and he only stays for a second he will still be on the guest list for 10 minutes.

The people that come on here is probably a combination of everything already said.

• Registered users first checking the posts before logging in
  • Users that have been around for years, deleted their account or got banned but can’t let old habits die and still come here to be a lurking Linda
  • The Russian theory by angel and max
  • Other topics about sex, beautiful people, etc
  • Actual new people that are interested in QT or people that are coming here for a long time without ever registering. Maybe people who have a QT related site themselves and come and look for new info…

I am glad that they stay guests actually…forums with 298129 active members suck. I like the QTA just as they are with a relatively small group who form a little community…so sweet :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
I am glad that they stay guests actually…forums with 298129 active members suck. I like the QTA just as they are with a relatively small group who form a little community…so sweet :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Yeah, the bigger the forum, the more impersonal.

[quote=“Angel”]
Yeah, the bigger the forum, the more impersonal.
[/quote]

Yeah, all the posts get lost in the infinite crap on those forums. Here you actually get a discussion going and people thinking about their response, because they know it will be read and mostly taken serious. Its kinda weird though that the best QT site on the web doesn’t have 3876383 registered users seeing how many people love the guy and his movies.