The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Weaselco's Zombie Script Beginning

Ext Dirt Road Night

A man walks down the street, his trench coat blowing in the wind. A sword protrudes out of it on his left side. He walks with his head pointed downward, a hat covering his face.

He comes to a gate in the center of a long chain link fence. It is tied together by large chains and a lock.

His right arm grabs the handle of his sword and he draws it out slowly.

Touching the fence with the tip of the sword, sparks fly from the fence and an alarm goes off in the distance.

He backs off a good distance and reaches into his coat.

He pulls out a grenade with his left hand and puts it to his mouth.

With his teeth he pulls the pin out and throws it towards the gate, then runs away.

The gate EXPLODES wide open.

He walk slowly through and looks from left to right. The road is the main street of a small town reminiscent of the old west.

His hand reaches in his coat again and pulls out a strange looking gun.

The hand is raised to the left.

The gun FIRES.

When he shoots his face is illuminated for a moment. It is obviously pale.

CUT TO:

A man standing on the ledge of a building gets it right in the stomach and the frame freezes with a look of pain on his face.

(V.O.)

When you shoot a guy on a ledge its best to shoot him in the gut. For some reason they always drop their gun, grab their stomachs and fall over the edge of something.

Of course it doesn’t matter where I shoot him.

The frame unfreezes and the guy explodes.

Blood and body bits fly everywhere staining the scenery.

(V.O.)

When you are dealing with the dead or undead you need more than regular bullets.

BACK TO:

The man starts running fast towards the town saloon and jumps right through a window.

CUT TO:

INT. SALOON

On the left side of the bar is the bar itself and in the middle lies the tables. Straight ahead there is a stairway against the back wall.

The man jumps onto a table and leaps across the tops.

Two men come rushing down the steps at the same time.

The man shoots the one on the left, closest to the top.

At the same time he throws his sword.

The first guy explodes in a shower of blood.

The sword sticks into the wall.

The second man goes flying due to the explosion meets the sword with his neck, removing his head.

His body ricochets of the wall and rolls down the remaining steps.

The man jumps from the last table, flips over the banister, grabs his sword and lands on the steps.

Ascending the steps until he’s out of view.

CUT TO:

INT. UPSTAIRS SALOON

A hallway with three doors on the left and two on the right. One of the doors on the right are open.

Cobe slides the sword into the sheath.

He walks in side the open door.

Looking back and forth he doesn’t see what he is looking for and turns around.

He kicks open the first door on the right.

The second.

The third.

Kicking open the last door on the right, he finds who he was looking for.

VOICE

Well I’m guessing you came here for me. Lets get it on.

CUT TO:

EXT. WOODS

A man covered in blood is tied up to a tree.

ANT

Where is he?

Ant stabs him with his sword.

WILLY

I’m not telling you shit.

Ant stabs him again.

ANT

Where?

WILLY

I told you. I…

Ant stabs him again.

Willy screams in pain.

Ant twists the sword.

More screams.

ANT

This is hardly the worst I can do so you better tell me now, for we have forever. Don’t make me put you in a fire pit and roast you like a pig.

BACK TO:

INT. SALOON

You see Vicious, the man who was talking. He stands behind a desk to the side in a white suit. His eyes are red and his skin is white. His long silver hair is in a pony tail under his cowboy hat and a pistol is holstered on each side of his abdomen.

You see his hand move in his pocket and from behind the desk the wall goes into the ceiling.

A cannon appears from a nook in the wall and fires a cannonball with a roar.

It flies at the doorway.

Ant punches it hard with his fist sending it flying through the right wall.

VICIOUS

What a waste.

He runs and dives through his upstairs window.

CUT TO:

EXT. TOWN

Vicious lands to the street and draws both guns.

Ant follow through the window.

Vicious starts blasting but the bullets just ricochet off Ant’s chest.

Seeing through Ant’s eyes you see a red laser showing his pistols and the enemies line of fire. He lets off a round right into Vicious’s leg.

It explodes and he flies backwards yelling.

He lays on the ground with his leg missing.

VICIOUS

You jackass!

Ant walks towards him slowly.

VICIOUS

Who are you!

ANT

Ant.

This is awesume man. It seems like a video game in a way, its really Devil May Cry style. Truley awesume Weasel.

ok i read it and thought it was pretty good. i didn’t like the voice over at the start though.

oh and yeah it did kinda remind me of devil my cry(damn my fingers hurt after that). very Action packed.

I thought it was okay but they seem like super powerful or something.

Thanks for the comments. BTW Ant is an android and Viscious is a vampire so they can do some wild shit like punch a cannonball or see noises.

Okay then. I’d watch it.

Senseless and easy. . .slaughtering mindless walking corpses is futile. Try writing an actual story that could coincide with the action.

[quote=“Snake Charmer”]
Senseless and easy. . .slaughtering mindless walking corpses is futile. Try writing an actual story that could coincide with the action.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t talk. No offence, WeaselCo is a much better writer then you.

[quote=“CopperHead”]
I wouldn’t talk. No offence, WeaselCo is a much better writer then you.
[/quote]My skills have increased, I’ve actually taken screenwriting seminars; sorry you can’t spell…offence-offense.

I’m currently writing a zombie script myself and about ten pages into it.

[quote=“Snake Charmer”]
[/quote]

None of the people in that scene were zombies. My zombies ARE brainless, but the fact is, this is a zombie infested world, BUT the main character is fighting VAMPIRES. This is the opening scene anyway, there is no need to get to the thick of the plot right away. Which gets very thick.

Correcting a spelling mistake is the act of a man without a good argument. How can I burn this guy. Well not on the merit of what he says. YAY a typo oh boy.

By the way I wouldn’t call Romero’s films garbage just because the zombies were mindless. They still are tense, entertaining and filled with philosophacle undertones.

The first one was not supposed to be a tense scary movie anyway. In his own words, “It was just a regular movie with a little more meaning to it” The meaning was that we are basically eating away and tearing ourselves apart. They literally THREW the movie into the back of a truck and hauled it off to a theater.

[quote=“Snake Charmer”]
My skills have increased, I’ve actually taken screenwriting seminars; sorry you can’t spell…offence-offense.
[/quote]

I hate stupid people who don’t know their stupid.

snake charmer makes me laugh, you so silly ;D

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
Thanks for the comments. BTW Ant is an android and Viscious is a vampire so they can do some wild shit like punch a cannonball or see noises.
[/quote]

this also made me laugh

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
By the way I wouldn’t call Romero’s films garbage just because the zombies were mindless. They still are tense, entertaining and filled with philosophacle undertones.
[/quote]I don’t recall calling Romero movies garbage. In fact I love his movies, Land Of The Dead is a masterpiece, it has great characters and he totally creates his own mythology. Romero is like the Orson Welles in zombie movies, he created the genre. I’m just saying it dosen’t work when you don’t have a story, look at Resident Evil Apocalypse, its just action sequence after another with no story…dosen’t work.

[quote=“Snake Charmer”]
I don’t recall calling Romero movies garbage. In fact I love his movies, Land Of The Dead is a masterpiece, it has great characters and he totally creates his own mythology. Romero is like the Orson Welles in zombie movies, he created the genre. I’m just saying it dosen’t work when you don’t have a story, look at Resident Evil Apocalypse, its just action sequence after another with no story…dosen’t work.
[/quote]

You said brainless zombie movies are crap. Romero films have brainless zombies.

These kinda movies excell in the visuals and are hard to capture in a script.

I would love to see a movie that just slices up zombies, shooting them, fighting a whole army of darkness in a stylelised way.

Just imagine chow yun fat fighting an army of infite zombies john woo style! 8) catch my drift! beyond hard boiled killing spree :stuck_out_tongue:

just kicking ass cinema of cool style 8)