Weapon of Choice Opening Credits!

- YouTube

Finally got this posted on youtube. Just a teaser(to us who are involved in the project) and the only portion of film I have edited from the screenplay. The credits involve the “busy” streets of Spring Ridge aka Florence, AL. Enjoy.

BTW: please excuse the crappy internet quality. :wink:

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
- YouTube

Finally got this posted on youtube. Just a teaser(to us who are involved in the project) and the only portion of film I have edited from the screenplay. The credits involve the “busy” streets of Spring Ridge aka Florence, AL. Enjoy.

BTW: please excuse the crappy internet quality. :wink:
[/quote]

It’s cool. I like it. Just change “STARING” to “STARRING” and all is good. Show me more when you have finished it, I would like to see it.

[quote=“Angel”]
It’s cool. I like it. Just change “STARING” to “STARRING” and all is good. Show me more when you have finished it, I would like to see it.
[/quote]

LoL! I did notice a few spelling errors in the credits other than that. Ben Wallance is actually supposed to be Ben Wallace.

Silly rabbit.

As this is only a rough draft, the entire sequence will more than likely be changed.

It was good just don’t use the zoom as much and if it is used try to make it a little more steady and try not to move the camera on the tripod so jittery.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
LoL! I did notice a few spelling errors in the credits other than that. Ben Wallance is actually supposed to be Ben Wallace.
[/quote]

yeah, I noticed that, but didn’t say anything in case his name actually was “Ben Wallance”…

[quote=“Jjp”]
It was good just don’t use the zoom as much and if it is used try to make it a little more steady and try not to move the camera on the tripod so jittery.
[/quote]

It was good how he didn’t steady it and used the zoom like that, it gave it more energy. No offence, but tripods are totally overrated. Sure there are times when you should be using one, but its better if you don’t rely on tripods too much, especially when it looks better without one.

The song is really bad

[quote=“Mr.BlondeBill”]
The song is really bad
[/quote]

You gotta be kidding me. How dare you say a cruel thing about Midge Ure.

The movie was originally supposed to be like an 80’s cliche cop flick. That’s why I went with this fantastic 80’s song from the soundtrack to Class of 1999. And because this of course was the only song I have downloaded on my computer. :wink:

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
You gotta be kidding me. How dare you say a cruel thing about Midge Ure.

The movie was originally supposed to be like an 80’s cliche cop flick. That’s why I went with this fantastic 80’s song from the soundtrack to Class of 1999.
[/quote]
makes sense
[quote=“ThaDuke”]
And because this of course was the only song I have downloaded on my computer. :wink:
[/quote]
hehe

[quote]It was good how he didn’t steady it and used the zoom like that, it gave it more energy. No offence, but tripods are totally overrated. Sure there are times when you should be using one, but its better if you don’t rely on tripods too much, especially when it looks better without one.[/quote]

Yes True but it made this look more like a home movie. Yes it is ok to do that with some parts, but every scene but two scenes where filmed like that in the opening sequence.

It’s only because of the low internet quality for the most part. If you have good quality footage then that method does not make it look like a home movie. I have a 3 chip camera, so I can pull of the shaky parts all the time, because I can get the lighting and picture quality nice enough to convince people it is totally a stylistic choice and not the home movie look. But yeah, I do get your point. Especially that he is trying the 80s cliche cop film, which wouldn’t have really been filmed like that.

The other thing that makes the quality look so poor is that all the shots are still raw; in that they aren’t cleaned up any. I still need to go over all of the shots and clean them up and add more color to them; give them more of a crisp picture.

you should post it on google it usually has better picture quality.

Nice. By the way do you know Joe Perry?(not the one from aerosmith) cause there’s like two different perry’s in the credits.

I don’t know Joe Perry.

The only Perry’s in the credits are Waylon(my brother) and Daniel(the associate producer(no relation)).

Oh. I use to know a Joe Perry a long time ago(to he got kicked out of my high school) thought you might know him thanks anyway.

Let me ask you something though, me: Are you able to recognize where everything was shot?

Not all but some of them I do know, like the last scene I do recognize that place but cant put my finger on it.

BTW where else are you planning to direct? I recommend directing at the park by the public library aka “Queer Park” seems like a pretty place to direct scenes.

This is just a test film right? Also how much do you have filmed so far?

We actually filmed the fountain a bit in that park, but the water pressure lowered as soon as we got there–we filmed it the same day these shots were taken.

What I’ve put together was just to play around with the editing software a bit. We also filmed another scene, but unfortunately I was wasn’t able to finilize the DVD-R that I had recorded onto. The camera I had rented to film with had been sold when I took the disks back to Bestway.

What editing software do you have?