The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Waste of a bloody extra

Ok you get home with your great little Vol 2 DVD you bang it on and think 'Oh I wonder if there are any cool extras on it’

You get a cool 20 minute making of and a pretty pointless deleted scene and then the mother of all crap extras…a crappy little ‘concert’ with Mr Mexico. I’m sorry but there has got to be a lot more footage about the actors/crew to put on the DVD.

Oh I forget they are waiting for the Special Editions where they will rip us all off

Well as shitty it is, we have to get used to the fact that they have released 2 shiity bareboned DVD’s. They are better than most barebones DVDs as we do atleast get some extras. I can virtually guarantee though that the special editions will fuckin rule. When it comes to special editions, they are very good with providing us with what we want. What i was really let down with though is that virtually all DVDs come with a trailer, yet the volume 2 DVD didn’t even have a trailer, and that trailer what with Il Triello playing in it was the fuckin shit.

I guess if we want the films we have to buy these shitty versions, but atleast it gives us something else to look forward to. I mean the two volumes should be enough for us at the moment, now we have to look forward to the heaps of extras they have promised us. Yes it is a way to get a lot of money out of us but that’s life. They have done the same thing for the other QT films and it isn’t surprising they have done it again.

I have to say though that, that 11 minute concert goes down as the world’s most shittest DVD extras in history. Doesnt Robert hype himself up enough on his own movies?

[quote]I have to say though that, that 11 minute concert goes down as the world’s most shittest DVD extras in history. Doesnt Robert hype himself up enough on his own movies?[/quote]

Well fans of Robert Rodriguez would like that extra as would fans of the tunes they played. If you don’t like either, I can see why one would hate it.

I like the music but I dont need to see hopw its done. Not a great fan of Robert Rodriguez

The goal of a concert is not to show you how its done.

and i doubt robert was like “quentin! quentin!!! you HAVE to show my concert!!! i need everyone to know about me!!! i must!!!”. quentin probably decided on his own. why not? you have got the footage.

and shouldnt this topic be with the Kill BIll Vol. 2 dvd topic?

Probably but who are you to dictate where things go. If it bothers Admin I am sure it wont hurt to move the thread.

i wasnt dictating anyone. it was just a question

LOL hey quit fighting u guys! ::slight_smile:

I thOught the extras were OK. i mean hes supoosedly saving any great extras for the specials so i thOught the extras were ok. The Making Of thing was watchable & i didnt mind the ChingOn concert … nOw i know Driving Elle Driver off the KB site is by them so i mean,i learnt something!! lol

i havent watched the deleted scene but why r u guys complaining?? Its an extra scenE! ::slight_smile:

dont hate QT!!! :smiley:

i mean, if you’re complaining about the lack of good extras here you could as well complain about the other thousands of DVDs released each day that have just a trailer and nothing else.

just be patient and buy the special edition when it comes out

[quote] complain about the other thousands of DVDs released each day that have just a trailer and nothing else.[/quote]

shaolin soccer doesnt even have trailors. fucking miramax >:(

I knew what I was getting when I bought the DVD so I’m not going to start complaining on how “bare” it is. I’m a patient man and the movie, making of, deleted scene, and mini concert will do fine for me until the “special editions” come out.

And I liked the concert better than the 5.6.7.8s performance. Their performance didn’t sound to good and it was basically the same footage they used in the final cut of the film. I liked the concert better because it sounded better and it was live, and they played some great music.

I’ll start complaining when the special editions don’t deliver.

Well I personally thought it didnt need to be in there…mind you I am not the biggest fan of Mr Spy Kid

I was fuming after watching the documentry >:( . I watched volume 2 by myself at 2am the other morning because I could’nt sleep, anyway I fast-fowarded the film at the violent parts so that I would’nt get scared. After watching the film I checked out the documentry, only to find that whoever made it put in loads of horrible bits and then I had a nightmare when I finally did get to sleep :’( .

well, if you buy it from HMV, you can get Shogun Assassin for £1.99. Isn’t that nice?

[quote]I was fuming after watching the documentry  >:( . I watched volume 2 by myself at 2am the other morning because I could’nt sleep, anyway I fast-fowarded the film at the violent parts so that I would’nt get scared. After watching the film I checked out the documentry, only to find that whoever made it put in loads of horrible bits and then I had a nightmare when I finally did get to sleep  :’( .[/quote]

OMG what!!! :o tell me ur joking right?? how old r u may i ask??

what violent bits?? I didnt actually notice any
NOT joking.

i cant believe u thought you'd be scared by KB, its not the Texas Chainsaw Massacre

::)

???

good looooooord
:o

It might be scary if youve actually had experience in being burried alive or something.

Or you had your eye snatched out or something.

I agree - fuck this DOUBLE DIP BULLSHIT

I ain’t buying neither of them crappy ass bare bone pieces of shit.

I will by the SE DVDS though

[quote]It might be scary if youve actually had experience in being burried alive or something.

Or you had your eye snatched out or something.

[/quote]

or if you have been pimped out while in a coma or had your head cleanly cut off