The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Vote Deathproof for best horror

www.empireonline.com

Death Proof is up for best horror of the year. Vote now, vote often.

Voting ends 25/2/08.

Just go to the site and register if you’re not already, and go down to the empire awards.

While you’re there, vote for your other favourite films/actors/actresses/directors…

It would really rock if you would vote for Edgar Wright as best director, (You’ll see why when you get there.)

I want to see another Jackie Brown type of flick from QT :’(

For some strange reason, it has become my favorite QT film…I CANT STOP WATCHING IT

AAAAARHRHRRHAHAHAAHAH

AHHHHHH, NO! NO! AHHHAHAAAHAAAAAAAA

gshdfodhovjdhjxbihdfsodjs hs dfjpoda[pdpwlkkvmm xmkxjxvxnvvlvdvnd

Soooo, does that mean you’re going to go vote for Death Proof right now?

Is Death Proof even a horror movie?

Does it matter? It’s nominated… ???

the first half of Death Proof at least is more or less a horror movie so that’s good enough for me…

Id call it a thriller. I dont consider it a “horror” film really. It has more in common with the Italian giallo films of the 70s than the 80s slasher films. Its not like the Friday The 13ths where you see people getting hacked up for 2 hours. Theres really only one kill sequence in the entire film and its not even that gory.

What QT did was make the film using cinematic themes and language that originated in the gialli & slasher films. What it ended up being in the end was something else thats really undefinable. Only QT couldve made Death Proof.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]What it ended up being in the end was something else thats really undefinable. Only QT couldve made Death Proof.[/quote]

Very well said Putney. So you’re gonna vote then, yeah?