The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Volume 2:Nifty Little Little Shit

This thread is for those people who saw Volume 2 and notice little shit that QT puts into his films. Ala Volume 1 and the billboards having Oren’s crew on them. So posts the shit you noticee that is cool from Volume 2.

Hmmm near the end when BB is watching old cartoons, it was like in the Butch flashback in PF.

When Elle and Beatrix are fighting and they smash into the bathroom, you can clearly see the shower tiles are made of cardboard. I thought that was pretty funny.

Also, watch the entire credits…

Difficult to miss but, the Bronson poster on the wall in budd’s trailer…

i like how beatrix pulls the stright razor out of her boot much like mr blond had in reservoir dogs.

when Bill is cutting bread for BB’s sandwich, the brand name of the bread is BIMBO

Did everyone catch the clip of the bride taking out the guys eye at the end of the credits in kill bill 2?

It was at the very end of the film for like 5 seconds… She takes it out the dudes eye ball… Holds it for a bit…

It was a longer clip the then one in volume 1…

• Esmond

BIMBO is actually a big brand in Mexico

[quote]when Bill is cutting bread for BB’s sandwich, the brand name of the bread is BIMBO[/quote]

it’s just a bread company?

http://www.bimbobakeriesusa.com/brand.html

edit: Beaten ^^ :-/

[quote]i like how beatrix pulls the stright razor out of her boot much like mr blond had in reservoir dogs.[/quote]

Weren’t those Budd’s boots?

Bill drinks a shitload after B.B. is asleep. It might describe why he was so easily bested by the bride at the end.

Budd has been eating a fictitious brand of Fried Chicken called “Chicken Champ”, in a KFC like box. Maybe Budd himself could be considered a “Chicken Champ”.

Also, the old cartoon that B.B. is watching at the end is an old “Heckle and Jeckyl” cartoon by the Harvey Studios, the guys who made Richie Rich and Casper the Friendly Ghost.

The movie she’s watching at the end is “Shogun Assasins”. Isn’t that the old TV show starring Hattori Hanzo? B.B. asks if she can watch it, and Bill says that it is “too long”. The series had 4 seasons worth of episodes. Watch the “Making of Kill Bill” on the Volume 1 DVD, and watch the part when he talks about the TV show Shogun Assasins – there are actually some clips on there of the old show, with Sonny Chiba.

[quote]The movie she’s watching at the end is “Shogun Assasins”.  Isn’t that the old TV show starring Hattori Hanzo?  B.B. asks if she can watch it, and Bill says that it is “too long”.  The series had 4 seasons worth of episodes.  Watch the “Making of Kill Bill” on the Volume 1 DVD, and watch the part when he talks about the TV show Shogun Assasins – there are actually some clips on there of the old show, with Sonny Chiba.
[/quote]

No, the Sonny Chiba series from the Making Of is called “Kage no Gundan” aka “Shadow Warriors”. “Shogun Assassins” is another name for “Lone Wolf and Cub”. This is a movie-series from Japan just like “Lady Snowblood”. Bloody fights, a mainly influence for “Kill Bill”, especially the House of the Blue Leaves showdown sequence. And in “Shogun Assassins” there’s no Sonny Chiba. He was starring two very big Martial Arts movie-series: “Street Fighter” and “Shadow Warriors”. But not “Lone Wolf and Cub” aka “Shogun Assassins”.

@Awardwinningactor: This Bronson poster in Budd’s trailer is from “Mr. Majestyk”. One of my favorite movies with Charles Bronson.

As Bill would say: “Ahhh… so sarrdyyy” :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]

No, the Sonny Chiba series from the Making Of is called “Kage no Gundan” aka “Shadow Warriors”. “Shogun Assassins” is another name for “Lone Wolf and Cub”.
[/quote]
::slight_smile:

Shogun Assassins is not another name for “Lone Wolf and Cub”. Shogun Assassins is a feature film that mainly combines footage from the “Lone Wolf And Cub” series. It was edited especially for the american market, because the “Lone Wolf and Club” films didn’t exactly follow the rules of hollywood filmmaking in terms of pacing and narrative structure.

- Theres a shot in the final chapter of those palm trees that looks like the opening of Apocalypse Now.

• The Bride and her fiancee Tommy work in a record store. When The Bride tells Bill about what she does there, its very close to when Clarence tells Alabama what he does at the comic book store in True Romance.

• The shot of the moon in Chapter 7 reminded me of a similar shot in Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974).

• Theres a box of Lucky Charms cereal on the table at the end of the film.

• Sid Haig (the veteran grindhouse actor) plays the bartender in the My Oh My Club.

• Elle Drivers car is a Trans Am that looks just like the one Burt Reynolds drove in Smokey and The Bandit (1977). One of QTs favorite actors.

i was kinda surprised that he used Lucky Charms in that last scene. Why not Trix?

The scene where Bill drives away with the jeep leaving

Beatrix, is kinda similiar When MR.Wolf driving away with his acura leaving Vincent and Jules in Pulp Fiction…Also watch

the credits where u see Uma thurman driving they show all

the cast the Diva squad’s name Like Lucy Lui’s name is slash

Vivica Fox’s name is slash, Michale Madsen’s name is slash

BUT Daryl Hannah’s name has a ?.. She maybe still alive…

[quote]- Theres a shot in the final chapter of those palm trees that looks like the opening of Apocalypse Now.

• The Bride and her fiancee Tommy work in a record store. When The Bride tells Bill about what she does there, its very close to when Clarence tells Alabama what he does at the comic book store in True Romance.

• The shot of the moon in Chapter 7 reminded me of a similar shot in Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974).

• Theres a box of Lucky Charms cereal on the table at the end of the film.

• Sid Haig (the veteran grindhouse actor) plays the bartender in the My Oh My Club.

• Elle Drivers car is a Trans Am that looks just like the one Burt Reynolds drove in Smokey and The Bandit (1977). One of QTs favorite actors.

[/quote]

And where’s your personal review of Volume 2, man :wink: ?

[quote] And where’s your personal review of Volume 2, man :wink: ?
[/quote]

Its in the Volume 2 reviews topic. Check it out.