Volume 2 NEWS topic (articles, interviews...)

I cant wait to see Kill Bill 2 it will rock i cant wait to see the end bit were she will battle Bill. That bit will be ace. Also what if the bride dies at the end and does not kill bill that would be surprising ending, Tarantino does do good endings dont he?

KILL BILL VOLUME 2 TRAILER

Go see the trailer which will be appearing in The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King movie. :smiley:

[quote]I cant wait to see Kill Bill 2 it will rock i cant wait to see the end bit were she will battle Bill. That bit will be ace. Also what if the bride dies at the end and does not kill bill that would be surprising ending, Tarantino does do good endings dont he? [/quote]

Yes, Tarantino has a great imagination and makes awesome endings, with the exception of Jackie Brown. I don’t doubt the ending to volume 2 is going to be anything less than spectacular.

I took this article translated from Spanish from the killbill2.net forum (thanx to drbriefs). It’s really interesting and has minor spoilers only:

‘Translating it as is…it’s quite good, it was written because a beach in mexico is being used for filming. The original source has some ortographic errors, I’ll try to fix em and give a good translation.’

IT ENDS IN JALISCO

=================

(Kill Bill: Vol. 2, which comes out on February, has scenes in Mexican beaches)

Punta Careyes-- Many are asking themselves: Why did Quentin Tarantino choose the coasts of Jalisco as a location for one of the final scenes in “Kill Bill: Vol. 2”. Well then, Careyes offered paradisiacal sites as a present to the photographic lens, to be released in February, will also show a bar of ill-repute that has already seen blood run even before the fictional story was shot there.

Benjamin Suarez, who worked as a colaborator of locations, explained that the decision to use Careyes came from the relationship producer Lawrence Bender, associate of Tarantino, had with the Mexican producers Ricardo y Arturo del Rio when they filmed “The Mexican” in Real de Catorce.

Bender was interested in coming back to Mexico for filming and proposed it to Tarantino in September of 2002 and in November, the first reconnaissance of the location took place. Shooting took place in the second week of February of this year.

Tarantino took his stay in Mexico with calm even though the technical body that followed him was big. There were more than 180 people calculated between staff, actors and service personnel.

In addition, the material team was also big: more than 12 vans, five trailers and various suburbans were seen around stamped with the logo of the film.

The stars present in the shoot were Uma Thurman, Daryl Hannah and Lucy Liu. And, although all the shooting that took place was centered around Thurman’s search for Bill, portrayed by David Carradine, the final scene took place in the States.

“When they came in, they were very tired after a year of shooting, but with an attitude of total compromise towards the film. A big part of the trip was a vacation, it wasn’t a hard shoot because Tarantino took his time to create the work plan he wanted to do. There was zero tension”, says Suarez.

Some people stayed in Hotel Careyes (an establishment of high tourism that has hosted other luminaries such as Julia Roberts and Robert DeNiro), others went to Los Angeles Locos, while others had 12 houses rented for them near the beach.

In the script there will not be a reference to the place, there will simply be a mention that it is Mexico, and will show The Bride (Thurman) driving a sports vehicle by the highway chasing the man she wants revenge on: Bill. The sequence that will be shown on the big screen will not be longer than 10 minutes.

"We made a location in Francisco Villa, in a bar (el Botanero Cochon), only with extras that were not professionals, there were some sluts, the place was really depressing. When we got there it was a dump, but Tarantino decided that it should be there.

“It could have been done in any other place, it was a very rustic place, with minimalist decoration, it was a difficult location. The treatment from the owners was something funny, the classic character with a gold tooth and a big gold chain”.

Another sequence was in the border between Colima and Jalisco, in the road of Cihuatlan, to do the chase scenes in a bridge where Thurman is driving.

“Another impressive shot was in a land full of palms. The end result is incredible”, the colaborator mentioned.

Suarez pointed out the personality of Robert Richardson, director of photography. Considering he is one of the best in his field and the world, he has credits for “JFK” and “Born in the 4th of July”.

“It’s the first time I see a director tackle production. It was a present from Miramax to Tarantino, because thanks to “Pulp Fiction” which made the company big”, says Suarez.

“I think that Miramax, which is a very strong company and tough on their money towards their films, gave an open hand to Tarantino. The equipment they brought for this type of film was exaggerated, there was extra unused equipment. In Mexico we had the capacity to supply enough human and technical material”.

The locals that worked in “Kill Bill” as extras, will have to walk several kilometers to reach the nearest town that has a theater, to see themselves (Diario de Juarez/Hector Contreras/Agencia Reforma).

I’m new posting here (though I’ve been reading the site as a Tarantino news source for quite a while), so please don’t take this the wrong way; I’m not trying to stir up shit.

But I am consistently amazed at the way people second guess the things Tarantino is drawing on for inspiration (Jackass in this case).

How long has he been doing this? How long has he been taking inspiration from sources all over the place (some good, some bad) and turning it into something completely original.

You don’t see it? You don’t understand how he’s going to make it good?

He’s a genius.

You’re not.

It’s what he does for a living. If he has one true gift, this is it: deconstructing shit and blowing your mind. If you want to criticize a choice he’s made after you’ve seen it, fine.

But why all of this second guessing before the fact? Has he let us down yet?

Let’s just enjoy the ride and stop trying to out-think him.

And who is that directed at, I might ask? And who said they were better then him also.

Go away

[quote]And who is that directed at, I might ask? And who said they were better then him also.[/quote]

[quote]I think its kindof retarded that Jackass is going to be an inspiration for Volume 2[/quote]

I never said anyone thought they were better than him; I’m talking about fans, in general, thinking they know better than him…and I also realize part of the fun of being a fan (and contributing to a board like this is to throw these kinds of speculations out: “What’s he doing?” “I don’t understand this choice.” My only point was that Tarantino has an amazing ability to take things that we don’t understand and make it fresh (I mean, Zamfir: Master of the Pan Flute?! Who would’ve ever dreamed it could be so perfect? But it was.)…and he does it again and again and again…to the point where I’m like, "Rap music in a WWII movie?!..I can’t wait to see what he has in mind."

I’m just surprised by the Doubting Thomases is all.

This is not a dig specifically at IL_Buono. It’s not a dig at anyone personally; his post is just another example of something I’ve seen in other topics that I felt like commenting on…

[quote]Go away[/quote]

…And I tried to do it in a courteous, non-personal way. I think I have an interesting and valid point and I tried to put it in a diplomatic way.

And you tell me to go away? Why? Because I don’t have 500 posts? Do I need to have a certain number of stars before I can politely disagree with something?

If you want to disagree with my ideas that’s fine, but I don’t think that comment is valid or productive at all.

I’m not going to carry this on any further here because it’s off topic. And I apologize to everyone for drawing things off topic.

hey bout, the people here don’t get into civilized arguements often…it’s usually “fuck you” and “your gay u suck dick” kinda stuff…if someone says go away, just say “fuck you” back…it’s the only way to deal with them lol :wink:

Fuck you.

Just kidding. :wink:

I’m not sure if this is somewhere else, but Maxim Goes To The Movies Issue 2 is out now, with a big ol’ article on Vol 2. Uma’s on the cover, looking overly bronzed but still hot as hell.

[quote]I’m not sure if this is somewhere else, but Maxim Goes To The Movies Issue 2 is out now, with a big ol’ article on Vol 2. Uma’s on the cover, looking overly bronzed but still hot as hell.[/quote]

Old news man. I posted a good chunk of that article about a month ago on this same thread.

seems like it’s not coming out in February. Uma Thurman said on THE VIEW that they are aiming for April 16. Shit

:o :o :o

I sure hope that’s not true!!!

That’s not fucking fair! GOD DAMN IT! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. Seb, i would put this in your newsletter to warn the others.

[quote] :o :o :o

I sure hope that’s not true!!![/quote]

It's true, I saw that same episode this morning.
[size=4]DOG SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

PULP DOG

[quote]seems like it’s not coming out in February. Uma Thurman said on THE VIEW that they are aiming for April 16. Shit[/quote]
There’s a rumour in the french press and in Variety saying that the movie might be in Cannes for the film festival (but not in competition) which means it wouldn’t be released anywhere in the world before Cannes.

^^^wow, what an original screen name

I’m really tired of pushbacks, speculation, and rumors. I just wanna see the damn movie already…bah

I have 2 maybe stupid questions. If it´s right and they bring it to Cannes.

1. Has this any influence to the release date of the DVD for Volume 1?
  2. An off-competion movie for Cannes does this means it is also not allowed to show before anyway?

I think the Cannes thing might play an important role. the nearer the release date gets pushed towards Cannes, the more likely it is that the europe or even world premiere will be there. that is huge publicity for the movie and might be worth pushing… hence, they dont care about 2 extra months.

i dont think this has an effect on the DVD

This really sucks… April!? >:(

BTW, Merry X-Mas everybody!