VOL.1 vs. VOL.2

I got tickets to a sneak peek to volume 2 yesterday, and I can fairly say it blows volume 1 out of the water. However, for those of you who all say “it’s one movie,” then the second half is way better than the first; even though it was great, also.

So, here you got it, and interview with David Carradine:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.pulse24.com/In_The_Raw/Raw_V … eo-5-2.asx”>http://www.pulse24.com/In_The_Raw/Raw_Video/20040414-001/Video-5-2.asx</LINK_TEXT>

He says, that KILL BILL as one whole movie (the two volumes put together) is an absolute masterpiece and that Vol. 1 is not the first movie, its just the first half of one movie. So I think he’s absolutely right.

And it is a very interesting 4-minute video-interview. Enjoy it!

I agree with the people who say it’s one movie, because…well…it is. But concider this, aren’t there other movies that have sections of them that you concider best? I’m sure there is. So, given that, which section of this ONE movie do you like more? Volume 1, or Volume 2. (See the movie first please, before you say anything).

If they were 2 movies, wouldn’t they be called Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2 instead of Kill Bill: Volume 1 and Kill Bill: Volume 2??

VOL 1 or VOL 2?

Well, I just got back from seeing Vol. 2 and I can tell you with no ego this is Quentin Tarantino’s finest movie, and the second half of the film is better than the first half.

I like them both equally. When I think about how great the HOBL sequence was and how much it blew me away, I immediately find something to compare to its greatness like Pai Mei, the final chapter including the Lisa Wong part, and the fight with Elle.

Ya cant have Vol 1 without Vol 2 and vice versa.

QT has made the ultimate Grindhouse Revenge Love Story and it just dont get no better.

Kill Bill should be looked at as ONE FILM. I wont compare the two volumes because that makes no sense.

If it was a sequel, then Id say ok, but its not.

QT has created his Apocalypse Now of Exploitation cinema. This is gonna be the goddamn best 3 + hour Revenge film to watch ever. :slight_smile:

I may sound biased (I haven’t seen vol.2 yet), but from the trailers I’ve seen so far, I will always prefer vol.1. I want to see a gory and violent exploitation movie! Not Pulp Fiction in another setting! At least there will gonna be that so much anticipated Elle vs. Bride figth that will still give me one more reason to see it (the first reason is the chance of seeing Uma kicking ass once more! ;D)

[quote]QT has created his Apocalypse Now of Exploitation cinema. This is gonna be the goddamn best 3 + hour Revenge film to watch ever. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Yeah, you’re damn right! Hey man, if you were are beautiful woman I would took you out for a date :smiley: .

WOAH :o

WOAH :o

Well as I just got back from watching Volume 2, I shall share with you people a few of my thoughts:

First, a thorough understanding of Volume 1 must be obtained in order for Volume 2 to be enjoyable. If you do not have this understand, I suggest watching Volume 1 multiple times. Three may be enough, but for most, 23 viewings will be neccesary.

In terms of “character hype” as some like to call it now-a-days… Volume 2 fell a little short. Now, that isn’t to say I didn’t enjoy Budd, Elle, Pai Mei or Bill himself. I’m just merely saying that perhaps that was the flaw of the film being split. For over five long, arduous months of wait and anticipation, I thought that these characters would’ve been fleshed out a little better. Simply said, fuck you Harvey Weinstein.

I wanted more Pai Mei. Hell, the whole film should’ve been all Pai Mei; all the time. Speaking of Pai Mei, I was under the impression Volume 2 would’ve had the same amount of action that was present in Volume 1. Well, whoever started that assumption up should be shot, or rather given the five point exploding palm technique. Speaking of Pai Mei, when Elle revealed she was the one who killed Pai Mei… I was at lost for words. Elle Driver… bitch.

Volume 2 was a fine film, but Volume 1 is going to be my favorite volume.

there is a part in the movie were Budd and Elle are talking and she asks Budd to compare the brides sword with his former.

He avoids the question by saying that you should, essentially, just compare hanzo swords to all the swords ever made.

Cant compare 2 hanzo’s

Cant compare 2 kill bills.

Havnt seen vol 2 as it doesnt reach Australia untill the 22nd :’( but im sure it will be just as good as the first. I have had afew mates get stuck into vol 1 as it has ‘little story’ but it think thats completly wrong plus how many movies have a great deal of story in the first half? Vol 2 will be greatim sure as it will add the story and show how great Tarantino is!

Yea the Pai Mei sequence was way to short. He still rules though.

I liked Volume 1 more. But they were both great.

i only got to see vol 2 once yesterday because it was sold out at night, but im going to have to say i like volume1 better. it just has creativity packed in it, with the overhead shots, the back storys, and the voice overs. i really missed the voice overs in volume 2. it just seems that the two volumes are a little too different. but like i said, i only got to see it once yesterday, and im going to have to watch it again after the weekend is over before i can jump to conclusions. but right now im thinking seeing volume one and two back to back in one veiwing would be odd with such a pace change, but i reckon i wont find out for sure until qt gets his ass into high gear and gets kill bill together so we can see it like he ORIGINALY meant us to.

[quote]
Cant compare 2 hanzo’s

Cant compare 2 kill bills.

[/quote]

Shut up you idiot.

I saw the movie twice yesterday, liked it a lot. the story, the characters, the battles, etc… But I have to say that personally I like vol.1 a little tiny winy bit better. If I had to rate them percentage wise, I would give vol.1 53% and vol.2 47% (53+47=100% looking at both volumes)

Spoiler

One thing that threw me off in Vol.2 that I hated in it was how Bill died. 5 pressure point elimination challenge whatever crap. What the hell?! I do not mind the fact that it was short, and I was not asking for a Gory “Battle at the House of Blue Leave” battle sequence, but I just did not like the way he died, just stupid. I wish he would redo that scene and make him die with a bullet in the heart instead.

You can delete a post if you want to!!