La film critic Pete Kalvados chimes in on reactions from the Kill Bill Press Screening…
Hope this gets your attention. Last night, I was fortunate enough to attend a press screening of Kill Bill Vol 1 in Beverly Hills. And rather than give anything away, as that would be just plain sacrilege, I will share some of the comments made afterward by myself and the friend who took me:
- “What are you doing the rest of the week?” “Masturbating thinking about this movie.”
- “Hey, remember when God said, ‘And let there be light?’ This was better.”
- “It’s almost like Tarantino has to wait six years between every movie, because that’s about how long it’ll take before the talk begins to die down from this one.”
- “I’m glad I’m not reviewing this, because you could pull out every superlative in the book, and it wouldn’t do it justice.”
- “For the first time in my life, I feel like I know what it must have been like to see Star Wars in 1977.”
And just in case you doubt the validity of my claim, here’s a little confirmation: there are three names left on the Death List Five.