VHS vs. DVD

I never in my life thought anyone would ever say they dig VHS better. Its the most shitty way to watch films and should be a crime!

Why is everything you dont agree with a crime or a " fucking crime " people like watching some films on VHS better whats so unbelievable about that…

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
I never in my life thought anyone would ever say they dig VHS better. Its the most shitty way to watch films and should be a crime!
[/quote]

How old are you?

same here… plus you can get so much rare title for super cheap… i just bought 30 VHS for 50 bucks and among them at least 20/25 that didn’t get any DVD release yet… this is pretty unbeatable… and yes i love the fact that the master is from a positive scratchy print… collecting VHS is like vinyl albums… it doesn’t stop me from getting a hell of a lot of DVDs…

i have to add that Leone is not for VHS nor DVD… once you saw them on a big screen you can’t go back to a TV screen… i have the chance to live in a city where The Good the bad and the ugly shows up in the theaters at least 3 times a year… it’s been 7 years since i last watched it on TV !!

When I lived in Houson there was this little theater in River Oaks that would play old movies like 2001, Clockwork Orange, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Star Wars, and even The Godfather. When you experience something like that you never can really enjoy it again on your crappy little television set. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly was a total package - the music was as good as the acting, the photography was as good as the music, and the acting was as good as everything else - it was perfect.

i would had loved to see clockwork orange on the big screen.

you still can. I am sure that other cities have eccentric little theaters like the River Oaks Theater in Houston.

River Oaks Theatre - Wikipedia

Yeaa im waitin for a theatre that shows older films like that to show it in philadelphia.

I love Vhs! But I love dvd more. i love the sounds an old crappy video player makes :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldnt buy a vhs but i sure love renting them.

The only place with VHS’ around where I live is closing down…it’s sad. But I have enough VHS’ anyways.

Atleast I have netflix :stuck_out_tongue:

yeaa the evil blockbuster got rid of all there VHS tapes and when they did i picked up alot of rare out of print movies on VHS from them like Dr. Giggles.

remember the sign: "be kind, rewind"

some stores used to charge you fifty cents for not rewinding the tape - damn blowhards.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]

some stores used to charge you fifty cents for not rewinding the tape - damn blowhards.
[/quote]

yeaaa some of my VHS collection actually has that label on the VHS tape itself

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]

[/quote]

That still pisses me off when I rent a VHS and the tape isn’t rewound. …How do these people sleep at night…?

Anyways, has anyone ever noticed the INSANE retail price on the back on some VHS boxes? They aren’t on all of them; pretty much just some of the older tapes. But when listed, the usual retail for these are around $79.99!! Anyone know the reason for this? I once read that rental stores have to pay more for the tape in order to rent them out, but I’m not sure if it pertains to this price.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
That still pisses me off when I rent a VHS and the tape isn’t rewound. …How do these people sleep at night…?

Anyways, has anyone ever noticed the INSANE retail price on the back on some VHS boxes? They aren’t on all of them; pretty much just some of the older tapes. But when listed, the usual retail for these are around $79.99!! Anyone know the reason for this? I once read that rental stores have to pay more for the tape in order to rent them out, but I’m not sure if it pertains to this price.
[/quote]

its probably the VHS tapes when the first came out 70s- early 80s in which they cost that much money and sometimes even more.

Yeah do you know how big the boxes are for those old 80 vhs tapes they freaking huge.

the clamshell cases?

No, these are just your standard VHS cases. I’ll try to post some pics later.