The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Turning people into QT/Kill Bill lovers

I found the mistake I mostly make when trying to convert non believers into thinking QT is such a great director is this:  I build up the movie too much for them, I mean I go on and on and on about how it’s so great, and that’s exactly the problem.  Instead of telling all your friends that it’s the greatest movie ever, just say it’s a pretty good movie and let them see it.

I mean if you build anything up too much, it will seem like a disappointment, or not as good as it really is.  I remember telling my friend about Kill Bill making it seem unbelievable, and when he finally saw it, he was disappointed even though he still thought it was a good movie.

My theory is, you just let them see the movie, let the brilliance sink in, and they will be much more pleased, and become easily converted :slight_smile: hehheheheh

Yes, this is true. I choose to find someone else that has seen it, and talk about it loudly, so that others that haven’t seen it will think “oh… it’s not just one, it’s two… maybe it is good” and then they will go see it.

hahaa my name on msn is- Kill Bill is the greatest movie ever made! So that pretty much spreads the word for me. Then if someone asks me what that is, I tell em, “It’s exactly what my name says…just go see it.”

I’m on my school’s morning announcements this week, so I get telecasted over the entire school… I’m thinking about plugging Bill even though it got pulled out of the local theater a two weeks ago!

[color=Green]yea ive built the movie up to much, and it becomes a harsh and utter dissapointed for the peoples that thought it was gonna be some tight ass shit, and i know if i would of just said yea it was alright, they would said it was tight ass shit instead of do what everyone does and bags on it like the matrix reloaded even though you know those bitchs are gonna watch the third one, which is the same with kill bill vol 2, but hey what can us fans do than hysterically advertise them, no matter what anyone else things…

i was trying to convince my friend to go watch KB and i started to explain what it was all about. i started to tell her the story and how she ends up in Japan (shes interested with Japanese culture) and what not…then i realized that she wasn’t exaclty impressed. i think she got uninterested when i told her the movie isnt in chronological order like PF. she has never even seen that so i figured i show her that first and see if she likes it before i make her pay to go see KB.

Just saw Kill Bill again today, Once again freaking awesome movie!

Took my parents and they liked it. Altho they wish it was more gorier!

I went lastnight with a bunch of non-tarantino fans…well let’s just say theyre all tarantino fans now. Except one who said the movie was “fuckn dumb”. This was followed by my fist in his face and his immediate appology.

i am going to see KB for the 6th time tonite w/ some people from work—they know i’m obsessed, and i’ve basically told them how amazing i think this movie is—i know some of them won’t like it—they’re kinda retarded. that’s always upsetting–when others can’t see how amazing something you love really is. oh well–fuck em…my opinion is, if you don’t like Kill Bill, i really don’t want to talk to you—conversation’s over.

a friend put it this plainly–i agree–"If you don’t like Kill Bill, then you don’t like movies—you might like going to the movies from time to time, or renting and watching some movies, but you just don’t like MOVIES!"

it really is that simple

[quote] a friend put it this plainly–i agree–"If you don’t like Kill Bill, then you don’t like movies—you might like going to the movies from time to time, or renting and watching some movies,  but you just don’t like MOVIES!"

it really is that simple[/quote]

“AND THATS THE TRUTH RUTH!” :slight_smile:

ok—i work with all girls and we went to see kill bill last night.

1. it’s funny how a lot of females who aren’t really into cinema always comment specifically on the music in QT movies…like that’s the only redeeming quality, c’mon!
  2. everyone though it was excessively(or at least extrtemely) violent. i never really realized it until now, i guess it is. it always seemed tame to me–i was bummed o-ren’s brains didn’t spill out at the end of the showdown. i guess i’m primarily a horror fan though, so…that’s me.

3)Kill Bill is FUCKING AMAZING!!! i know this goes without saying, but i thought i’d be getting my fill by the 6th time–NO WAY!! everyone at work thinks there’s something wrong with me…hahaha, they don’t know how right they are!

7th viewing coming soon…

i also went twice to the theater

at first alone and then with my dad

and i had also told him how great this movie is

and during the movie i thought he was yawning or something like that and i had the feeling he felt fucking bored and unsatisfied

but then on the way home, he said

“now i can understand why u saw this film twice”

and that was quite a relief for me :slight_smile:

I saw Kill Bill 6 times-twice w/ my dad, once with my mom, once by myself, and twice with one of my friends. They all loved it, except for my mom who isnt really into that kind of thing. when getting somebody to see Kill Bill all u have to say is that if u love Kung Fu and seeing people get their asses kicked, youll love this movie

thats an awesome pic, Toothpick

I made my brother (2 years my junior) watch Pulp Fiction before. Didn’t like it. And now, I made him (under the penalty of decapitation) watch Kill Bill. He’s probably the first person in the world who thinks it’s a ‘okay’ movie. GAHHHHH!! He asked me so many questions during the movie (it’s as if he wasn’t listening), particularly about the chronological arrangement. And for the kind of person who practically worhips the Matrix philosophy, I don’t imagine this story is difficult to ‘get’?

And my friends? Hmphh, never mind… I shall be my own QT fan.

I think that it is fairly easy to convert the non-believers of this world. QT is a god among directors in Hollywood and his talents shine. I made my mother a QT fan years ago when the Pulp movement started and she is a die hard fan for life, and trust me it was a shock to me, because she is not the kind of person that gets into QT movies. She likes westerns and old black and whites, but QT’s magic took its toll on my mother and when ever he has something coming out we go see it together. She loved Kill Bill Vol 1 and she can’t wait to see Vol. 2. And she is one of those people that just gets it. She understood the movie terrifically and she knew all the music better than I did, when Ironside came on in the movie she was estatic and got why QT used it when she was in the wheelchair. My mom is cool.

[quote]I think that it is fairly easy to convert the non-believers of this world. QT is a god among directors in Hollywood and his talents shine. I made my mother a QT fan years ago when the Pulp movement started and she is a die hard fan for life, and trust me it was a shock to me, because she is not the kind of person that gets into QT movies. She likes westerns and old black and whites, but QT’s magic took its toll on my mother and when ever he has something coming out we go see it together. She loved Kill Bill Vol 1 and she can’t wait to see Vol. 2. And she is one of those people that just gets it. She understood the movie terrifically and she knew all the music better than I did, when Ironside came on in the movie she was estatic and got why QT used it when she was in the wheelchair. My mom is cool.[/quote]

Your mom is bitchin :slight_smile:

I told my friends it was a very good movie, they thought it was boring and that I was telling them shit. They are huge fans of The Matrix, so you know. And when I was going to see the movie they all want to go with me because of the gore in the movie. That is so fucking bullshit because there is a good story and the only thing that they wanted to see is the blood. >:(

Second time I saw Kill Bill I took my mom with me. She was preety much 100% sure she’d hate it. But during the film I noticed she was laughing hysterically at all the gory parts and afterwards she was already to go see it again.

First time I saw it I took a friend of mine who actually walked up and left half way through , so it just proves that being older doesn’t mean one cant like a Tarantino film.

You cant say that Kill Bill is a bad movie, cause its a masterpiece…what you can say is: well I acknowledge the fact that its a masterpiece, but I dont like it, its not my genre or whatever…but most people dont know QT or worse: claim to know a lot about movies and dont know QT and think they can have a descent opinion on his movies once they see them…these people should really shut the fuck up…