The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Trailer for Nine with Daniel Day-Lewis

Looks Good. Prob Oscar Nom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_5_lzags3I

Marion Cotillard is in too! I love it! Rob Marshall will probably revitalize the musical genre with Nine. Damn the girls looked so sexy! :o

Isn’t this movie based on Fellini’s 8 1/2? I thought it was. This movie looks great.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
Isn’t this movie based on Fellini’s 8 1/2? I thought it was. This movie looks great.
[/quote]

I think it is.

Doesn’t it look fucking pimp!? It might just be the amazing trailer but I dig stories like this, and the cast made up of some the most talented and gorgeous women on the planet doesn’t hurt.

I don’t think, the movie is based on 8 1/2 but it def looks similar, you’re right. The movie looks promiscing to me with this trailer.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I don’t think, the movie is based on 8 1/2 but it def looks similar, you’re right. The movie looks promiscing to me with this trailer.
[/quote]

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t inspired by it in a big way. The story looks like it’s just the musical 8 1/2.

I found out it is based on 8 1/2. Actually the movie is based on a play called “NINE” that is based on 8 1/2.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
I found out it is based on 8 1/2. Actually the movie is based on a play called “NINE” that is based on 8 1/2.
[/quote]

There you go. You a fan of 8 1/2?

^ Sad to say I have never seen it. I have never seen a Fellini film, (but I known of him) that I know of. Just alot of directors out there and Fellini kind of fell between the cracks. After all the “Nine” stuff, I am really considering now is the time to check some of his films out. Have you seen 8 1/2? I heard it is prob Fellini’s best. Also I have been interested in seeing “La Strada”, have you seen that one? Just seeing if you have, to see some viewpoints of his work from someone else who loves film.

The only Fellini movie I’ve seen is 8 1/2 interestingly enough. It’s probably the best movie about movies I’ve seen and a personel favorite of mine. I love the idea of a film about a director and his process, and Fellini handles it wonderfully.

A little slow but if you can get past that it’s a hell of a film.

Little slow doesn’t bother me, I’ll have to check it out. Thanks.