This is kind of gay

[quote=“Jack Wolfgang”]
Well, there were some similarities in music as well. Somebody who remember better can perhaps elaborate more on that.[/quote]

well wouldn't the music be something to talk to TONY SCOTT about? I doubt TARANTINO picked out the music for the movie.

The Badlands/True Romance comparions is an example of what makes the blood boil of anyone with a bare minimum of cultural knowledge. Badlands did not f’ing invent the couple crime spree genre (goddamnit). It’s an old, old staple of the crime genre that has been reworked literally countless times.

[quote=“Jack Wolfgang”]
But yeah, sometimes people go a little too far off with saying that QT steals everything. Like for example, the rape scene in Pulp Fiction is supposed to be ripped off from Deliverance. Totally different scenarios and Deliverance surely isn’t the only movie out there including a male rape scene.
[/quote]

I thought that it was more like “can we get away with this?” “Deliverance did.” I don’t believe that the idea was directly taken from Deliverance, I just believe that they knew they could keep it in the film because of Deliverance doing it. If that makes any sense…

[quote=“StanrickKubley”]
The Badlands/True Romance comparions is an example of what makes the blood boil of anyone with a bare minimum of cultural knowledge. Badlands did not f’ing invent the couple crime spree genre (goddamnit). It’s an old, old staple of the crime genre that has been reworked literally countless times.
[/quote]

Yeah, what about Bonny and Clyde? That was ages before Badlands…

I find that Tarantino doesn’t really “steal” per se. Inspiration is a totally different thing. People are just quick to say that Tarantino stole from something despite only very very very minor similarities, and in some cases, no similarities at all.

Just like how City on Fire is really, when it comes down to it, nothing like Reservoir Dogs. Dogs is not a remake of City on Fire, not by a long shot.

[quote=“Angel”]
Just like how City on Fire is really, when it comes down to it, nothing like Reservoir Dogs. Dogs is not a remake of City on Fire, not by a long shot.
[/quote]

I agree with 100%.