Theaters

Kind of looks like the McDonald´s in Chamonix

SF! Filmstaden söder, cool ass cinema

tarantino_is_god…that’s what I call a fuckin’ theatre. I wish we would have such - i can’t find words for it - in here. I hate our theatres except of 2 or 3…

Haha, okay then…

This is the one I go to the most:

sometimes i go see a movie in this cinema:

[quote=“Bad Max”]

[/quote]
Haha, old pic!

[quote=“Bad Max”]

[/quote]
Looks exactly like the one i go to in Gothenburg. But mostly i go to SF Filmstaden on Kungsgatan.

[quote=“Lode”]
tarantino_is_god…that’s what I call a fuckin’ theatre. I wish we would have such - i can’t find words for it - in here. I hate our theatres except of 2 or 3…
[/quote]

Thanks man!! I really like the classical feel. I hate how everything is all big and fast now…

When I walk into my theater, I feel like I am in 1932. It owns, even though it looks like shit on the outside…:stuck_out_tongue:

We also have a MEGA theater nearby. I HATE it, but sometimes I dont have other options than to go there, because my favourite theater doesn’t show everything…

Beh…couldn’t find a good picture of my cinema…but it’s UGC anyway

We have 16 theaters at our “randall 16”…and mostly all of them are stadium seating so you don’t have to worry about people in front of you. We are getting an addition of an IMAX put in within a year :slight_smile::):). I’ve never watched anything on an Imax screen, so it will be exciting that we have one locally 15 minutes away.

I also work at my theater, so I have to help in the process building new additions…but the positive part is I got to take home a theater love seat that they were throwing out as it was extra. So now I will have a nice comfy chair with a drink holder for my room >:D

I went to the IMAX for 2 or 3 times to Berlin/Germany. Especially those 3D movies are amazing. But I have only seen documentaries. Are there films in it right now?

Why the hell is this a “sticky topic”?

When I was in school in Lubbock, Texas there was this really old theater that was in mint condition. It must have seated 300 people and the screen was freakin’ huge. There was this glorious velvet curtain that came open when the previews began. The rich upholstered seats and the clean environment made me remember what going to the movies used to be like. Now they’re small, dirty, and the atmosphere sucks ass. Might as well wait for the dvd now.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
Thanks man!! I really like the classical feel. I hate how everything is all big and fast now…

When I walk into my theater, I feel like I am in 1932. It owns, even though it looks like shit on the outside…:stuck_out_tongue:

We also have a MEGA theater nearby. I HATE it, but sometimes I dont have other options than to go there, because my favourite theater doesn’t show everything…

[/quote]

The old theaters were so awesome. I remember going to theaters as a kid that were huge, Im 36 BTW, the screen was so wide it was like you would have to look side to side to see the whole damn thing. Now days my TV is almost as big as the new deals. J/K

We have some newer theaters where I live with stadium seating and thats the only way I'll go now. No more fat heads in your way as every seat is a good seat.

There use to be a theater here that also had private seating booths. Me and my girlfriend back then would go to a movie because it was cheaper than a motel. You could even use a speaker to order up pizaa and hotdogs. Man someone should bring back the good old days!

@Kilgore, I too remember when there use to be a curtain that went up and down before and after the movie. I had really forgot about that

You guys don’t like strangers around these parts do ya? lol

In my city, only like two minutes away from work, is germanys biggest movie theater, up to 1200 people fit in there:

But there also some real small theaters like this one which is only 10 minutes from my home:

Oh god, they rule! The big one in Germany is great, seperated seats in the first rows of the second floor, a curtain in front of the screen. I just don’t like the colour of the walls and the ceiling, I have never liked that tone.

And I’ve always loved those small ones with black walls and little space, it always feels like in a screening.

I’d post a pic of my favourite theatre, but I can’t find one, I’ll have to take one myself next time.

My theater has 15 theaters. 14 are regular stadium style seating with about 150-220 seats each, and one IMAX.

well, here in Texas we have the infamous Alamo Drafthouses, which is any movie geeks favorite spot…here in San Antonio, we also have this bad boy…

its a really cool theater with a few IMAX screens, and upstairs has a really nice bar where you can order whatever you want and enjoy it in your movie…or if not it has a lounge area so you can sit with friends and talk, eat, get drunk, ect…

We have random Famous Player theaters like Colossus, etc, as well as AMC here in Ontario