The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The Violence in PF

When it comes to violence the thing I notice about QT’s scenes are all the gun shots are so fast. Like, for instance when Marsellus gets a hold of the hand gun, his shots hit zed so fast. Also, when Vince accidentally shoots marvin in the car its so fast. And finally when Vince got capped after the crapper(btw which was hillarious) It was just so quick. I guess, I am used to seeing movies where they sort of slow the gunfire. I don’t know. I guess in real life the gunfire would be that fast. Thats what I like about Quentin, his dialouge is so true to life. What are your thoughts?

Yeah it makes it better. Imagine everytime a bullet is shot in Pupl we go into fucking “bullettime” mode. Ugh.

the best time QT uses this is when the Bride gets shot in the head from KB

i agree with l_m_f it would b real shity if every shot was slowed down that would be an even longer movie :-*

Thats why Matrix fuckin sucks

Hell yeah the matrix and bullettime sucks it was cool the first time not the 143 time

That’s the reason why some movies suck. The guy with the gun doesn’t shoot the guy, he must say a two-minute dialogue for the death. That’s retarded. I’m not going to get in a speech or stop for a long pause before I kill a guy. In QT’s movies, shots happen quickly. That’s the way I fuckin like it.

Did God really come down and stop the bullet–BANG

Bill, It’s your baby–BANG

Ordel’s got a gun!–BANG

Die you motherfuckers–BANGBANGBANG

What happened to you Louis, your ass used to be beautiful–BANG

Do a nigga a favor-BANG BANG

Who, this cop?–BANGBANG

[quote]That’s the reason why some movies suck. The guy with the gun doesn’t shoot the guy, he must say a two-minute dialogue for the death. That’s retarded. I’m not going to get in a speech or stop for a long pause before I kill a guy.
[/quote]

That's what wise Tuco once said. "If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk". :)

It also adds a shock effect…suddenly people draw guns and shoot, out of fucking nothing…you go from relaxed dialogue to blood pumping action.

I also would like to say this:

QT is really a master of building tension and creating moods…

First he makes you relaxed and then he hits you with strong violence…thats why the rape scene in pulp and the earcutting in dogs seem so over the top, but if you compare the shit that goes on in other movies…its really not that violent…here shines the star of QT at its brightest…

[quote]First he makes you relaxed and then he hits you with strong violence…thats why the rape scene in pulp and the earcutting in dogs seem so over the top, but if you compare the shit that goes on in other movies…its really not that violent…[/quote]

This is very true. So many scenes in his movies do that. The opening scene with Jules and Vince: talky talky talky BANG BANG! Whoah.

The opening scene of Kill Bill: talky talky talky tense tense tense BANG! Everyone in the theater jumps.

The adrenaline to Mia’s heart scene: Talky needle talky 3 talky 2 oh my god oh my god are they really going to do this talk talky 1 oh my god oh my god THUNK! Everyone in the theater has a heart attack.

Actually didn’t someone go into shock when they saw the shot to the heart scene at a film fest?

Shit I remember my mum banning me from this when I was younger because she said it was too violent. I thought this movie was gonna be a kill-fest!

But I got better then a kill-fest

One guy went into cardiac or something, but he was diabetic and needed sugar. That scene just tipped him over the edge, so the story goes.

I remember asking my mom what she thought of PF way back when I was too young to watch it. I expected her to call it terrible filth, because even though she isn’t a prude, she’s not big on gangsters and rapists and murderers. She’s like, “Well, it wasn’t really necessary…”, which basically meant that yeah, she liked it. She bought the soundtrack, too.

could u guys imagine if dat shit wuz like tha matrix!!! i would go fuckin crazy … watchin people try and dodge bullets and actually survive and all dad other shit!!! o m g well it is pretty tight how marvin got shot it would hav been even better if he got shot and we saw it from vince’s p.o.v.

Mr. OrANgE

[quote]Shit I remember my mum banning me from this when I was younger because she said it was too violent. I thought this movie was gonna be a kill-fest!
[/quote]

my mom wont let me get the dvd :'(even though i already told her ive seen it

[quote]my mom wont let me get the dvd even though i already told her ive seen it[/quote]

THAT SUX MAN ... I TOLD MY MOM THAT I SAW IT AND SHE FLIPPED... I ALWAYS SEE QT MOVIE'S WITH FRIENDS OR BROTHERS.... I WANTED TO RENT IT AND SHE GOES "NO NOT THAT DEMONIC MOVIE. HELP ME LORD HELP ME SAVE US FROM THE DEMONS OF THE MEDIA"

MUHAHAHAHA J/K

Mr. OrANgE

yeah, I don’t get why everyone thinks this is really violent. 'cos it ain’t.

have you seen the trivia reel where it shows a quote from Tarantino. he considers it an honor if people call it violent because he was able to film it to seem more violent then it actually was.

If u want to get the PF DVD just got into the stor a buy it, they sold it to me.