The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The Tarantinotes!

Check this out:

http://www.tarantinotes.com

Sounds cool :stuck_out_tongue:

Tarantinotes is slamtastic!!!

That’s so cool!

Good morning all and a big thanks for looking. It is that kind of response that really puts a smile on our faces :o).

Does anyone have a heads-up on what is coming musically in the next 2 films??? We could get them done for as soon as they are released…

Andy (Bass player)

[color=pink]Hello!

I’m Maria, (AKA the Go-Go costumed vocalist in The Tarantinotes www.tarantinotes.com[color=purple]), and I’ve been so chuffed reading your comments about us I had to reply and say thanks - you’re awfully kind!!

We only started the band as we all love QT’s films and we suddenly realised all the tracks he picks have a common thread - they’re all top choons!!!

Since then our enthusiasm and the response from people who’ve come and seen us has been staggering. It’s an absolute gas, really!!

It has also given me the excuse to buy a 3.5lb mace with a 7.5" long steel chain as a stage prop. (The rest of the band took some convincing but I’ve promised them I would keep the chain short and not swing it too high!! hehe!!)

I’d like to ask you guys, if I may, to help us with a bit of a puzzle re some incidental music QT used in Kill Bill I without seemingly crediting it anywhere?

It’s used when Beatrix finds Hanzo and he reveals his secret sword armoury which looks like it’s in his attic? We just been calling it “Chapter 11” because that is where it is on the DVD.

It’s a hauntingly monastic solo with chucks of reverb by a either soprano or castrato male vocal. We cannot find the original and I’d love to get a copy as it gives me goosebumps!!

Anyway, enough of my prattle - this is a top site and if any of you guys see Mr T get him a beer for us and I’ll give you the cash when I see you.

x

(Tired now…zzzzz…)

The song you’re looking for is called:

“Wound That Heals (aka Kaifuku Suru Kizu)” - Lily Chou-Chou

(Props to Sylvia from the Kill Bill section).

Good luck with your band, maybe I’d be lucky enough to catch one of your gigs someday. 8)

Scarface - or probably more accurately Sylivia…

Thanks both for the info for Maria - now the really tricky bit…

Can you tell me an album it is on??? Searches keep giving me a film about Lily Chou-Chou but I can’t find an album with Kaifuku Suru Kizu on it.

I did find an MP3 but would rather have full quality and more importantly I like to collect albums like this anyway…

Cheers

:angel:

Andy

Good morning all…

Can anyone give me a soundtrack list from My Best Friend’s Wedding?? It is not on the IMDB and I have been trying to get a copy for a while but these things are rare on UK DVD…

Thanks

Andy

[quote=“Tarantinote_No1”]
Good morning all…

Can anyone give me a soundtrack list from My Best Friend’s Wedding?? It is not on the IMDB and I have been trying to get a copy for a while but these things are rare on UK DVD…

Thanks

Andy
[/quote]
You mean My best friends birthday?

anyway: it’s a great idea with the band!!

Oops - sorry - an easy typo…and it always goes through my head wrong the 1st time…

I have finally managed to get one and not be outbid at the last minute…hurrah for EBay…!!!

Would anyone come and see us if we tried to play around the next QT Fest and did some shows after the films were on?? It is a long shot but a trip to Austin when it is all kicking off would be a dream.

If we get a good response we can pass it on to local or US (Austin) Ents Management. We get so many nice e-mails from the US - we can but try.

Andy