The Suits

No Its just that I think thats really really really really really really cool.

[size=5]THE ROUND TABLE THEORY[/size]

At the begining of the film, all the men are sitting at the round breakfast table. They are dressed the same (black suits) and when they look straight there looking at another black suit. Now I remember learning that back then in the medieval times, all the knights sat at the infamous ROUND TABLE so would look at each other because they were all eqaul.

Do you think this concerns RD wit QT?

Reservoir_Dude, my hat goes off 2 u

-Ted the bell h 8)p

Alright, I was going to start my own thread, but this seems like a better place to start. Plus, why waste your time with extra paperwork? (yeah, yeah, i know it’s “THE INTERNET”)

I was simply wondering what the material of the characters’ suits in Resevoir Dogs are made of. Because, to be brutally honest, I want a suit identical to theirs.

In short, when I go to buy meself a suit, what should I be looking/asking for?

[quote]Alright, I was going to start my own thread, but this seems like a better place to start.  Plus, why waste your time with extra paperwork? (yeah, yeah, i know it’s “THE INTERNET”)

I was simply wondering what the material of the characters’ suits in Resevoir Dogs are made of.  Because, to be brutally honest, I want a suit identical to theirs.

In short, when I go to buy meself a suit, what should I be looking/asking for?[/quote]

get a black suit… eh…

they all brought their own suits and shoes to the set so each was tailored by someone different.

QT explains the reason why they have black suits on the dvd in the interview!

I’m from Holland, so I have a RD dvd with a britisch interview…thought everyone has that one…well he explains it…

QT:1. it looks cool, every man (and some women) hey says look better wearing a black suit.

2. they are going to be identified as a bunch of black suits after the robbery…

Quentin has stated that the suits are a homage to japenese gangster flicks and are the modern day knight’s armour. 8)

[quote]QT explains the reason why they have black suits on the dvd in the interview!

I’m from Holland, so I have a RD dvd with a britisch interview…thought everyone has that one…well he explains it…

QT:1. it looks cool, every man (and some women) hey says look better wearing a black suit.

2. they are going to be identified as a bunch of black suits after the robbery…[/quote]

And the good guys in A Better Tomorrow 2 wear similiar suits during the big finale, which obviously inspired Tarantino.

i heard that the black suit thing was something that QT learned from Jean Pierre Melville. Melville characters all wore the same clothes, even in different movies, and it was described as his “coat of armor.” tarantino took his Melville influence and created his own coat of arms based on others he had seen in movies.

Exactly ;D

Quentin uses these suits alot don’t he…Jules and Vincent had the dame fuckin’ costumes as the R.Dogs.

Yeah lol, didn’t Budd use the same costume in Kill Bill too?

[quote]Yeah lol, didn’t Budd use the same costume in Kill Bill too?[/quote]

Yeah,and what about the Crazy 88?? I can't remember it well enough but I thought they were wearing something like that aswell.....

Now what happened in Jackie Brown?? Where are the costumes?? :D

[quote]
Now what happened in Jackie Brown?? Where are the costumes??  :smiley:[/quote]

Someone earlier mentioned Mia and Jackie Brown had the same suit.