• 401-500
  • 501-600
  • 601-700
  • 701-800
  • 801-900
  • 901-1000
  • Over 1000

0 voters

Talk about how many movies you have in your vhs collection.

Post pictures of your collection if you want to(i’ll try to post some of my collection later on)

What is the prize of your collection?

I maybe have about fifty including all those Disney films I used to get on VHS and the like when I was a kid. I don’t really collect them that much, but sometimes I do cause I think it’s pretty reliable technology and some films just aren’t out on DVD.

I guess the prize is Rolling Thunder, but I’d rather have a DVD!

[quote=“Angel”]
I maybe have about fifty including all those Disney films I used to get on VHS and the like when I was a kid. I don’t really collect them that much, but sometimes I do cause I think it’s pretty reliable technology and some films just aren’t out on DVD.

[/quote]

Yeah I own a couple of those disney movies myself…all of them come in a clam case which ive always been pretty happy to have ;D

The prize in my collection is definitely my Death Weekend tape, its never been released on dvd.

I would only buy and own a tape if it a movie i wanted was not available on dvd.

You dont know what your missing out on.

Eh, Just use a pic I posted on the “Vhs vs DVD” thread.

I usually pop 1 of the above in from time to time.

Just today I got word from home that my parents have bought a new house. My mom asked me if she can pack my dvds (still got some left home… a student crib is too small for my collection ;D ) and I actually said her “yes, and throw the VHS casettes away”. She said she’s too afraid she’ll throw away something that wasn’t meant to be thrown away and that she’d pack everything… So I still have a “VHS collection”.

I bought my last VHS in January or February 2002. I can still remember it because it was the last time I used the old currency, before switching to euro. The film was Assault on Precint 13.

[quote=“me”]
You dont know what your missing out on.
[/quote]

Videos often have full frame (4x3), bad picture quality (grainy and jumpy with lots of other damages, fun in DP and PL and some other flicks but not all), bad sound, no special features, no choices of subs and they are bigger and take up more space than a dvd. and they have no menus, plus the covers are often ugly.

[quote=“Bad Max”]
Videos often have full frame (4x3), bad picture quality (grainy and jumpy with lots of other damages, fun in DP and PL and some other flicks but not all), bad sound, no special features, no choices of subs and they are bigger and take up more space than a dvd. and they have no menus, plus the covers are often ugly.
[/quote]

Like I said you dont know what your missing out. There is nothing(and I mean nothing!) like watching an horror movie on vhs(take Texas chainsaw massacre for an example) but different strokes for different folks I guess.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Eh, Just use a pic I posted on the “Vhs vs DVD” thread.

I usually pop 1 of the above in from time to time.
[/quote]

Thats beautiful :’( it brings a tear to my eye…