The Official RD - Remake Diskussion Topic

i heard that reservoir dogs was a remake now thats what i heard i dont know if its true but some one clear this up ill bet you from a diddlydadjoe to a damned if i know if its a remake but just to be sure

No, it’s not a remake. Some people say it’s a lot like City on Fire, but it’s not that close and it’s definitely not a remake.

Hasn’t Reservoir Dogs recenlty been REMADE in INdia or something?

[quote]Hasn’t Reservoir Dogs recenlty been REMADE in INdia or something?[/quote]

Kind of. There’s an Indian movie called Kaante (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0294662/) that rips off a few American crime films. Reservoir Dogs is one of them.

No, reservoir dogs is not a “real” remake!

Maybe some of you have seen Stanley Kubrick´s “the killing”, it reminds me a little bit of RD!

I watched THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE yesterday. Pretty good Subway-Gangster movie with Robert Shaw and Walter Matthau.

THE SIMILARITIES TO RESERVOIR DOGS:

• The Color names of the gangsters (Grey, Green, Blue)
  • one of the gangsters is a trigger-happy asshole (like Blonde)
  • The Gangsters kill each other in the end.
  • There is an undercover cop among the hostages

… I can’t think of more, but I think there are, like… .the background checks on some of the convicts then and such…

Ancient news man. You should know that.

[quote]Ancient news man. You should know that. [/quote]

i just stated that I watched it. >:(

Damn, I am so fucking sick of this remake bullshit! Why don’t you guys just look in the other billion topics about this! SHIT.

Reservoir Dogs was more influenced by City on Fire…

… Which is a film that is better then Reservoir Dogs, when in proper DVD format that Miramax happily provided us with! Sarcasem

Wait no…

I Like City on Fire MORE THEN Reservoir Dogs.

There I said it, in no way is it BETTER!

[quote]Wait no…I Like City on Fire MORE THEN Reservoir Dogs. [/quote]

Are you kidding? I dont know about you man.

[quote]Damn, I am so fucking sick of this remake bullshit! Why don’t you guys just look in the other billion topics about this! SHIT.[/quote]

nice banner, fightclub

[quote]
Are you kidding? I dont know about you man. [/quote]

No I’m not kidding, I like City on Fire more then Reservoir Dogs. But Pulp Fiction kills both of those movies any ol’ day of the fuckin week!

Buono, Donnie Darko SUCKS!

[quote]

Buono, Donnie Darko SUCKS![/quote]

HAHAHAHA…NO IT DOESNT

it’s pretty much a remake of City On Fire.

[quote]it’s pretty much a remake of City On Fire.[/quote]

Ive never actually seen City On Fire, but Ive read the script.

It is NOT a remake of City on Fire you ignorant motherfucker. The last 20 minutes or so is what Reservoir Dogs was trying to do. Not the whole movie you no-nothing jackoff. Please spare us with your retarded comments on movies you haven’t seen. But you claimed to read the script! Even though the movie is Chinese.

[quote]It is NOT a remake of City on Fire you ignorant motherfucker. The last 20 minutes or so is what Reservoir Dogs was trying to do. Not the whole movie you no-nothing jackoff. Please spare us with your retarded comments on movies you haven’t seen. But you claimed to read the script! Even though the movie is Chinese. [/quote]

an English translated version, motherfucker!

theres a guy called mike white who directed a short called “who do you think youre kidding”

watch it here: http://www.impossiblefunky.com/qt/default.htm

and it clearly shows how much of a remake reservoir dogs is

1.an undercover cop infultrates a gang planning a diamond heist

2. he befriends one of the men(an older robber)

3. theres a mexican standoff at the end, when the boss walks in

4. one of the men goes on a killing spree in the jewellers

5. they walk down the steet in slow motion

i agree that tarantino did a good job with the film (city on fire is not that good really) but to say it isnt a remake ie stupid

it is, simple as that

in an interview tarantino said he hadnt even seen city on fire!!!