The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The Nutcracker -- Stills

Here’s some pics from a movie I’m working on. It’s called “The Nutcracker.”

Looks great! ;D I still need to see Silent Night, Deadly Night but it looks just as fun.

wuts this movie about?

It’s basically the same story as the original Nutcracker. A girl’s uncle gives her a toy nutcracker and in her dreams it comes to life. Except in my version, the Nutcracker is a hit man and he’s going to kill the Sugar Plum Fairy for reasons I don’t want to give away right now.

Teaser Now Online.

View here: http://media.putfile.com/The-Nutcracker-Teaser

Hey, are those blank-firing guns that are being used? Either way, where did you get them, and for how much? And how loud are they? I’ve been looking for movie guns, but everywhere i’ve looked they sell them with a plugged barrel, so how do you get the fire to come out?

Gasoline and gun power? Sounds kind of dangerous, isn’t there an easier way? On the From Dusk Till Dawn commentary, Robert Rodriguez mentions that they used flash paper when you see Tom Savini use the cock gun. It looked pretty good. Also in the Desperado commentary, there’s a scene that RR says they also used flash paper for a gun. It’s the scene where Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek are trying to escape her bookstore as it’s being torched. Anyone know what i’m talking about?

hahaha

don’t take him too serieus man! :wink:

[quote=“JohnnyTightLips”]
Hey, are those blank-firing guns that are being used? Either way, where did you get them, and for how much? And how loud are they? I’ve been looking for movie guns, but everywhere i’ve looked they sell them with a plugged barrel, so how do you get the fire to come out?
[/quote]

Those are actually real guns with blanks in them. They look good once, but the only problem is, as Robert Rodriguez mentions in the “El Mariachi” commentary, once you fire one, the gun jams and you have to take the spent blank out and put another one in the chamber. It works well enough, it’s just gets to be a pain in the ass after a while. But, if you edit it well, it looks good.

I bought a blank-firing Glock on ebay. I found it on accident and I can’t seem to find the guy I bought it from again. The fire comes out the front, but, on camera, you mostly just see smoke, although it does look pretty cool. I found a website in the UK that sells these type of blank guns, but it seems to be a pain to purchase anything from them. Maybe I’m just not trying hard enough. Here’s the link: http://www.guns2u.com/products/blank_firers/index.htm

Also, a nice alternative would be these expensive “cap guns.” They don’t look like much on video, but if you add in a nice sound effect, they can look quite convincing. Here’s a link to one of these sites, also in the UK: http://modelguns.co.uk/

You can find these on ebay as well. I usually just type in “blank firing” in the search bar. That usually turns up some nice results.

Hey, thanks. I also usually search on ebay “blank guns” and i’ve even gotten two of them (a .357 colt python, and a colt .45 automatic nickled) but the problem is that they have the barrel blocked off. The orange plug in the barrel is easy to remove, but the barrel is not drilled all the way through on the other side. I figure if i can find a drill-bit long enough, i won’t have this problem anymore. Anywho, is there a place you go to get the blanks? ‘cause i wouldn’t know where to get them except online, and i try not to order things online too often. Also, in Robert Rodriguez’ book Rebel Without A Crew, he mentions that he used “full flash” blanks in El Mariachi…is this also what you use?

[quote=“JohnnyTightLips”]
Hey, thanks. I also usually search on ebay “blank guns” and i’ve even gotten two of them (a .357 colt python, and a colt .45 automatic nickled) but the problem is that they have the barrel blocked off. The orange plug in the barrel is easy to remove, but the barrel is not drilled all the way through on the other side. I figure if i can find a drill-bit long enough, i won’t have this problem anymore. Anywho, is there a place you go to get the blanks? ‘cause i wouldn’t know where to get them except online, and i try not to order things online too often. Also, in Robert Rodriguez’ book Rebel Without A Crew, he mentions that he used “full flash” blanks in El Mariachi…is this also what you use?
[/quote]

You can get blanks from a gun store (although I usually do purchase them online because there is much less hassle). You just go into the gun store and tell them what you need; they usually have to order them.

I have tried drilling through the barrel on my American blank gun. It doesn’t work. The drill didn’t even make a scratch on the plug. You need a diamond drill or something. The Glock I got on Ebay is basically the same, it’s just the barrel is drilled just enough for the flash to come out the front.

And yes, the blanks I use in the Glock are called “flash defence” blanks. I got them from the guy on Ebay as well, but I don’t know where else you could purchase them. They basically just have more gunpowder than average blanks, thus resulting in a bigger flash, a louder bang, and more smoke. In the real guns however, I just used regular blanks. The pistol is a .22 Luger and the shotgun is a 12-gauge.

If you do decide to buy blanks online, here is a good site: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.westernstageprops.com/miva/m … _Code=GUNS”>http://www.westernstageprops.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WSP&Category_Code=GUNS</LINK_TEXT> This is where I buy my blanks. They have blanks for blank guns as well as real guns. They have several other cool props too like rubber weapons and breakaway bottles.

Thanks, that looks like a cool website.

yay for guns, the action looks sick in this piece

Impressive.

Great job there!

Yeah, this looks phenomenal. I’ll be standing in line :wink:

Thanks guys. Actually, this version has been cancelled, because the set was torn down before we could finish. But, I’ve since restarted the movie. Hopefully I’ll be done soon.

And, just so you don’t get your hopes up, the pics and trailer are much more action-packed than the actual movie.