The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The Frame

Here’s something I filmed with my friends in half an hour. The plot revolves around a professional killer who gets double crossed by his client. We filmed this stuff just for fun and on the spot, so there probably are quite a bit of continuity errors and the like. But considering we didn’t even have a script and we had fun making it, I’m quite happy with the 30 minute effort we put in. :wink:

Here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffI9_ucni8

Negative feedback is more than welcome. ;D

I think it came out great! I love the black and white look of the film. I started laughing when he says “You dont know my shoe size…”. I liked the use of the piano too. It adds a nice suspenseful touch. You could make this like a serial. Do 3 minute segments until its over.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
I think it came out great! I love the black and white look of the film. I started laughing when he says “You dont know my shoe size…”. I liked the use of the piano too. It adds a nice suspenseful touch. You could make this like a serial. Do 3 minute segments until its over.
[/quote]

Thanks man, I appreciate it! :slight_smile: Considering the fact that the dilaogue was invented right there on the spot, it came out quite good. The killing at the end was a little rushed I felt, but otherwise I can’t complain. I am happy with the use of piano too ( That’s from Eyes Wide Shut by the way, I hope Kubrick is not rolling in his grave ;D)

The 3 minute segments are a cool idea. I’ll see what I can come up with. :slight_smile:

Very cool Scar! Good luck on the films!

I liked it, like Pete said the music gave it a suspenseful touch. Nice work 8)

Thanks mate 8)

Excellent stuff man!

I love the black and white and all the little cuts! Like closing the briefcase. Did the screen get darker on purpose when it closed? Or was that the camera?

I LOVED the shot outside with the 2 doors in the middle, him walking through the screen, stopping, looking back and walking out of the screen! Indeed great choice of music too! Very cool and looking forward to a next installment! :smiley:

Thanks man. :wink: The screen getting darker was a coincidence though. In fact I had the misfortune of filming during the evening, and so some scenes (especially the outdoor ones) aappear to be darker than others because the sun was already hiding behind the buildings.

I love using black and white for my films too, and I’m glad you dig it. Some may say that the use of black and white looks pretentious, but for me it helps you in giving you more an artistic look and greatly diminishes that dreaded home video/no budget look present in so many videos of this sort. Better to look pretentious than to look cheap, that’s what I always think.

I remember you also filmed a short once which I found awesome (it was much more surreal than my story, almost Lynchian-like). Is it still available to view online?

hehe, I am the same. I also prefer the black and white because of that exact reason. :slight_smile:

It looks way better than that home video look…and you can do lots of stuff with lighting. And as I don’t want to invest 3000 euro’s on a camera its a good option.

It is really cool to see your video and I hope you make some more!

That clip you are referring too is part of a short I made…I just uploaded it again here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUsyT8WMTMM

It is pretty much crap but a lot of fun to make :slight_smile: And I like some parts of it :slight_smile:

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
hehe, I am the same. I also prefer the black and white because of that exact reason. :slight_smile:

It looks way better than that home video look…and you can do lots of stuff with lighting. And as I don’t want to invest 3000 euro’s on a camera its a good option.

It is really cool to see your video and I hope you make some more!

That clip you are referring too is part of a short I made…I just uploaded it again here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUsyT8WMTMM

It is pretty much crap but a lot of fun to make :slight_smile: And I like some parts of it :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I don’t think it’s crap at all, you’ve got some pretty great stuff in there! The overhead shot at 2.41 and the long shadow is a work of genius! The whole clip feels like David Lynch meets Charlie Kaufman. You should defintely try and build on it because you are on the right track. I’m actually thinking of filming a similar “mind-fuck” feature myself in the coming future.

Thanks man! That’s a HUGE compliment for me! I am working on some more ideas and am sticking with one at the moment. Hope I will have the time to do something with it…

Do you want to share any ideas you are walking around with? Curious about your next project ;D

Well, it’s a sort of Fight Club meets The Hitcher, with a Pulp Fictionesque story chronology. It’s still in the very early stages though. :slight_smile:

Is that Jason Staham??? :o

It kind of reminded me of El Mariachi, great job. I liked it. You manage to generate great visuals with very little dialogue.

Wow, El Mariachi. What an honor, thanks. 8)

My friend would be pleased to know he got mistaken for Jason Statham. ;D

Very good f in film! Very suspenceful. Nice camera angles and great editing and story. I loved the black and white too.

Thanks, but I believe my next one will be better! :wink: