The Cast of Inglourious Basterds

Going back a few posts here…

Leo would have made a perfect blond haired blue eyes SS officer. Just like Hitler liked! I would have LOVED to see that happen.

Oh yeah so much for the cliché! great. Of course the main villain must be aryan type. And you’ll learn when you’ll watch the movie, Landa isn’t really the typical SS officer admiring Hitler. Can we stop with Leo, he’s not in… why bringing him back all the time, this is just annoying and pointless. The only part he could have got is Zoller, but again the language would have been a problem… And Brühl is perfectly cast. Move on, thanks.

[quote=“Pinkman”]
Oh yeah so much for the cliché! great. Of course the main villain must be aryan type. And you’ll learn when you’ll watch the movie, Landa isn’t really the typical SS officer admiring Hitler. Can we stop with Leo, he’s not in… why bringing him back all the time, this is just annoying and pointless. The only part he could have got is Zoller, but again the language would have been a problem… And Brühl is perfectly cast. Move on, thanks.
[/quote]

Come on Pinkman, it’s a good time. We do have a couple of months to kill with IB conversation…

Just to go back to the topic a few days ago…

The official Cannes Press kit is up now in English, with the full cast and crew credits of the Cannes screening.

No Cloris Leachman, Maggie Cheung, or Samuel L. Jackson characters.

They’re mentioned in the Special Thanks however, which would probably be because their scenes were cut for time.

Madame Memieux being cut is interesting, if it’s true…

Damn, they cut Maggie Cheungs scenes too?

Do you have a link, Kinick? I do not find it on cannes website.

Try this: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.festival-cannes.com/assets/I … 029846.pdf”>http://www.festival-cannes.com/assets/Image/Direct/029846.pdf</LINK_TEXT>

It’s no loss and they’ll find their way on to the dvd, I’m sure.

I’m fine with less Eli Roth…even if I was looking forward to those scene before he was cast. But in those particular flashbacks ACTING was required.

The Narrator I didn’t think was needed, and felt like something “extra”. QT probably used that time for more important stuff in post. It could be added afterwards if really required.

However, although I wasn’t fond of the actress chosen considering it was a French role, Madame Memieux was an important character, albeit it a small one.

Whatever makes the film better. Its all good to me.

There is no way he cut out the Cloris scene that was a big one… relatively speaking

[quote=“Kinick”]
Try this: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.festival-cannes.com/assets/I … 029846.pdf”>http://www.festival-cannes.com/assets/Image/Direct/029846.pdf</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

:o

Holy shit, that's a shit load of information! That must have taken quite some effort.

I don't know what to think of having the narration takne out of the film. I haven't read the script, so I don't know what the writing was like, but the idea of having a narrator appealed to me, well... because it's one other way QT's film will differ to eveyone else's. I mean that's what I admire about his film, he does relatively unusual things. I mean Kill Bill had many unconventional aspects. Anyway, I trust QT, it's his masterpiece, I'm sure he wouldn't fuck his own film up just so he can show it at Cannes.

Edit: DAMN IT, I was just reading the cast credits and fucking spoiled something :-\

[quote=“Ify”]
Edit: DAMN IT, I was just reading the cast credits and fucking spoiled something :-</E>
[/quote]

thanks for the heads-up. Not gonna read it now.

[quote=“Ify”]
Edit: DAMN IT, I was just reading the cast credits and fucking spoiled something :-</E>
[/quote]

I read through it last week, didn’t see any spoilers, what did you see? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes please ;D

[quote=“Ify”]
[/quote]

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
I read through it last week, didn’t see any spoilers, what did you see? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Yeah, there is one… In a part related to B.J Novak… Unfortunately i read it too…

Lookin goooood! :slight_smile:

Damn, you spent some time doing that. You know what does it all in one? This: elle photoshoot with melanie laurent - YouTube ;D

[quote=“Kinick”]
Damn, you spent some time doing that. You know what does it all in one? This: elle photoshoot with melanie laurent - YouTube ;D
[/quote]

Haha, there is some sophistication in what I did though ;D

Nice vid, she's hot!

[quote=“Turk”]
Yeah, there is one… In a part related to B.J Novak…
[/quote]

Er… what?