The Cage Match!

[quote=“F.W.”]
You have a huge banner on your signature with BETTE DAVIS in bold on it. Your Bette Davis obsession is about as subtle and nuanced as a Michael Bay film.
[/quote]

Ahah. Here we go again with Michael Bay. Maybe beside Bette Davis, we should also schedual a public therapy session for the whole forum cause Michael Bay is a pretty recurrent obsession too.

I haven’t seen one instance of Bio and Cyd arguing so I can’t speak for that.

As an Admin on another board I can vouch for Lilli not wanting to take the time to move said argument into another thread. I can’t even imagine how fucking retarted an argument between those two must be and have an even harder time envisioning a reason to preserve it.

While I don’t roam every thread in the forum I think Bio’s been doing a pretty good job of lessening his Bette Davis banter. Even if he hasn’t, we’re a community and part of being a community entails tollerating even it’s most eccentric members. And how can you deny that a Bette Davis fanatic isn’t far better than somebody who uses the internet simply to bitch about the way other people are.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
It’s also a pain in the ass to see that I’ve wasted my time posting messages, only to have them deleted.
[/quote]

It can’t be nearly as “painful” as actually reading the posts you post.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
Bitter and defensive much? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe we should organize and intervention to help Bio confront his Bette Davis addiction.
[/quote]

No thank you unlike any other addiction (weed and red bull) this one is the best cinematic OBSESSION I’ve ever had since discovering Quentin Tarantino and Dawn Of The Dead (original). I watched Mr. Skeffington a day ago and the ending made me cry. You see what the Nazis did to that poor Claude Raines aka “Mr. Skeffington” for helping the Jews! They blinded him! Blinded him!

But not to worry. The Basterds will take every inch of that pain they inflicted to the Jews back to those filthy Nazis and their stupid Adolf!

I kind of thought of it as more of a phase than an addiction.

[quote=“Dex”]
I kind of thought of it as more of a phase than an addiction.
[/quote]

Yeah me too, but it’s starting to be a quite long phase now :o

[quote=“Dex”]
It can’t be nearly as “painful” as actually reading the posts you post.
[/quote]

Have you read your ‘scripts’ lately?

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]
Yeah me too, but it’s starting to be a quite long phase now :o
[/quote]

Yeah, but it’s now at the stage where he just doing because he knows it’s getting to people or whatever. He isn’t nearly as interested in her as he lets on.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
Have you read your ‘scripts’ lately?
[/quote]

You should leave Dex alone. He hasn’t done anything wrong on this forum and actually if you were interested in his work, he’s doing pretty good on the net with his series.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Yeah, but it’s now at the stage where he just doing because he knows it’s getting to people or whatever. He isn’t nearly as interested in her as he lets on.
[/quote]

I’ve talked about her films and no one really cares, all you people ever point out is how annoying I am when I do talk about her. And now that I don’t talk about her, you people still talk about I’m so obsessed. So everyone just shut your mouths and leave it alone. I hate these new people on this board. What ever happened to alll the original members? All you new guys suck.

I can’t believe that you blame the new members of the board, haha

Well it’s true, you guys bitch about every little thing. They even pissed Dex’s writing. I’m getting a little too old to talk in forums, the only reason I started here was to discuss films - but nearly no one shares the same tastes as I do - so whatever.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
Well it’s true, you guys bitch about every little thing. They even pissed Dex’s writing. I’m getting a little too old to talk in forums, the only reason I started here was to discuss films - but nearly no one shares the same tastes as I do - so whatever.
[/quote]

Actually I just see lack of respect from Cyd’s part here, that comment about Dex’s writing was ridiculous.

And you’re not too old Bio, actually I think we’re among the youngest members here, on our 21st year :]

The thing is, when you share your opinion, it’s fine. I’ve read a lot of interesting reviews from you on the Track Your Films thread. And you often have interesting things to do. But this Bette Davis situation just got out of hand, you know what I mean? You can’t just not see how much you talk about her for no reason, at the most inapropriate times! Just yesterday you welcomed Mr. Pink with another of your Check-out-Bette-movies-she’s-awesome speeches. In moments like that, the interesting funny guy with unexpected movie tastes turns into, well…an immature douchebag!

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
[/quote]

we share your tastes…we just don’t obsess over Betty Davis.

I certainly hope that you don’t get on some kind of Walter Brennan kick anytime soon.

Nothing wrong with recommending a great actress to anyone. A few weeks ago I didn’t really know who she was and what she did in her career. I’ve barely seen 13 of her films and I love them all. I’ve never seen that kind of formidability in any actor or actress, I got “The Little Foxes” DVD today. I’m seeing number 14 tonight.

People here bitch about everything, have to deal with it but you do the same damn thing you dirty bastard!

I guess I was bitching about bitching.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]
Actually I just see lack of respect from Cyd’s part here[/quote]

Aren’t you done yet?

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
Aren’t you done yet?
[/quote]

Now I am :slight_smile:

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
They even pissed Dex’s writing.
[/quote]

Just Cyd and I’m pretty sure Cyd’s hated me for awhile now. If she had ever once presented herself as an intelligent, articulate, respectable person I’d be offended.

EDIT: Cyd, cunt’s a bit harsh don’t you think?

Dunno if I should say anything, being ‘new to the board’ and all, but we all understand and appreciate great actors and actresses as well, but it just confused me, as I signed on for a Tarantino forum, but I keep seeing things written about Bette Davis in completely random topics. It just got a little annoying to me. Just sharing an opinion.