The briefcase topic

Dont bitch about the topic! We like the topic! And, we all watch other films besides Pulp Fiction! Wer’e not all insane! nuff said!

I stick with the “Soul” stroy…

I like the idea (I’m sure this thread has it somewhere, but I haven’t read the whole thing) that its an Oscar statuette the Marcellus got as a present for Mia, after all, she never got into acting like she wanted too. I think idea of such a massive story (and so much violence, stress and effort) being centered on such a little thing is very Tarantino. One little thing like that at the center of all those big things. This doesn’t really explain why everyone thought it was so god-damned beautiful though.

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
it’s a Macguffin- basically whatever that person desires most is in the briefcase

so if Marsellus desires a soul that he doesn’t have, then it’s in the case
[/quote]
Exactually,it is what everybody wants and desires. It may even be a thing that changes for everybody. It doesn’t matter whats in it. It may spoil the one of the suprises of the movie.

I was thinking bars of gold.

[quote=“Mr.Blonde”]
Exactually,it is what everybody wants and desires. It may even be a thing that changes for everybody. It doesn’t matter whats in it. It may spoil the one of the suprises of the movie.
[/quote]
I agree, there’s nothing wrong with guessing but i don’t think we should ever really find out.

Exactly, I don’t think we’re meant to find out because it really doesn’t matter. All we know is that it’s something valuable, and that’s all we need to know to get the story. Now, of course everyone can try to imagine what it is, but if you’re gonna do it, you should stay between certain parameters the story suggests. As in, it can’t be an elephant coz it wouldn’t fit in a briefcase, right? Well, in my opinion, it also couldn’t be a soul because there is nothing else that is supernatural in the movie, and also, when Vincent sees the content, if it was a soul, he would start believing in the supernatural/miraculous (or whatever you wanna call it) and he doesn’t. So, yes… it could be anything that is valuable and beautiful (“Pumpkin” says it’s the most beautiful thing he’s ever seen).

[quote=“Big Mans Wife”]
So, yes… it could be anything that is valuable and beautiful [/quote] annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd SCENE! Bows

marcelous’ soul being the contents of the suitcase is one of the best i have heard. but as for his soul being taken from the back of his head mmmmmm no. marcelous makes the reference of pride screwing with you, and you feel it in the back of your head. i believe that is why marcelous is wearing the bandaid on his neck because he had to much pride.

[quote=“cageismyhero”]
i believe that is why marcelous is wearing the bandaid on his neck because he had to much pride.
[/quote]
wow, nice theory actually!

People!! please read the whole tread before posting a reply!!

50 posts with: I think it was his soul isnt really contributing… ::slight_smile:

i love that weve been posting our opinions about this for over two and a half years. toushé QT, toushé

i’d really like to think that it’s the diamonds from reservoir dogs, cause i like the continuity of the tarantino universe. also, in rd white talks about a guy named marcellus ‘moving ice’. i know it’s marcellus spivey and that he’s doing time, but i still like those little references

This one is probably stupid but it’s a theory anyway…

Perhaps the light in the suitcase is ‘the light’. I.e. Jules had seen the light, and perhaps Pumpkin did too…

And how come Vincent still doesn’t believe after having seen it?

‘The light’ doesn’t have to be something to do with God. He could have seen the light about something else, something in his life.

I think that Gold Members , Member was in the breifcase ;D

…Or maybe the combination is 666 because the owners of he suitcase are some badass motherfuckers, and 666 is a badass number, and maybe the suitcase contains gold, because gangsters deal with gold, a theif like Ringo would see all that gold, and know all it’s worth, and realize it’s fucking beautiful.

How about you guys cut all the religious bullshit, Tarantino’s movies are pretty much to brass tacks, and other than Kill Bill, as realistic as possible, gold makes sense, just settle down.

Amen to that Recent Vintage! At last someone who says so!

You guys are as imaginative as an old man’s fart.