The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The briefcase topic

i think that it was just something valubal my theory is that quintion did not know wat to put in there that was so magnifacent so he decided not to show anyone it.

They were going to put diamonds in it, but that would be boring and cliche.

Haha, golden spear of destiny. That’s a new one.

Roman Official 1: "Dude come on, let’s get away from here right now! This tempest’s gonna tear everything apart!"

Roman Official 2: “Wait just a sec bro, first I wanna pierce the Nazarene’s body with my brand new 20 carat spear!”

how about hash!!!

anyone?..anyone?

or better yet… coke

well?

lol

I’ve always thought the soul theory was crap because the movie is set in “real life”. It’s not a fantasy setting nor does the rest of the movie have any fake ass elements. So why then, all of a sudden, in this very realistic movie, with no real hints of fantasy elements, suddenly have someones soul in a briefcase. That just doesnt add up for me. They might as well have had a leprachaun ride a unicorn run across the street to help out Marcellus Wallace when Butch ran him over

It glows like gold, so I say it’s gold.

[quote=“Joseph”]
I’ve always thought the soul theory was crap because the movie is set in “real life”. It’s not a fantasy setting nor does the rest of the movie have any fake ass elements. So why then, all of a sudden, in this very realistic movie, with no real hints of fantasy elements, suddenly have someones soul in a briefcase. That just doesnt add up for me. They might as well have had a leprachaun ride a unicorn run across the street to help out Marcellus Wallace when Butch ran him over

[/quote]
only a witless hare-brain would say it was gold.

Pwned.

I still like the soul theory.

[quote=“Joseph”]

[/quote]

Dude, glowing briefcase… Gold does not glow like that. That is a fantastic element. I don’t like to claim that it is Marsellus’ soul for real, but I like the theory and it has cool feel about it.

And please don’t say that Pulp Fiction is a very realistic movie. Collateral is a very realistic movie. Pulp Fiction is awesome in that it incorporates everything awesome about different types of films in an almost cartoonish, caricature kind of way. It is a fantastical film. If you want realism, Dogs is closer to realism.

yeah, it’s still realistic enough for there not to be a fucking soul in a fucking briefcase.

and gold doesnt glow like that, eh? oh yeah, but SOULS do, right? Oh yeah of course. My bad, the gold glow is obviously a soul. Seriously, check the bandaid and Wallaces neck. that just fucking prooves it.

yup, its a soul.

[quote=“Angel”]
And please don’t say that Pulp Fiction is a very realistic movie.[/quote]

Ohhh…com’on! It’s more fun that way!

[quote=“Joseph”]
yeah, it’s still realistic enough for there not to be a fucking soul in a fucking briefcase.

and gold doesnt glow like that, eh? oh yeah, but SOULS do, right? Oh yeah of course. My bad, the gold glow is obviously a soul. Seriously, check the bandaid and Wallaces neck. that just fucking prooves it.

yup, its a soul.
[/quote]
get a life.

Everybody knows the glow was a first edition playboy still in its original wrapper :wink:

[quote=“Joseph”]

yup, its a soul.
[/quote]

I said that I don’t like to say that it is a soul, but it is something that I think can happen in Pulp Fiction. It’s the power of cinema. All the characters are essentially caricatures. And how the fuck do you know that a soul doesn’t have a gold glow? You ever fucking seen a soul?

Yeah, Pulp Fiction is realistic enough, but since when is a soul considered a fake ass fantasy element? We all have souls. I believe there is a Satan and a God, so what is so fake ass about a soul? I am not saying it is a soul, I am just saying that it isn’t out of place.

You wanna know what is really in the briefcase, it’s everybody’s own fucking opinion. If I wanna think it is a soul, then it is a soul. It could still be gold, but it shows a lack of imagination on your part.

Yeah Quentin Tarantino said,“its whatever the viewer wants it to be.” So it could be a soul,gold or even Dustin Diamonds career(Im sorry was that a cheap shot?)Its anything you want it to be.

Actually, in my opinion, it has to be more than just gold. Yeah, it is all the viewer’s opinion. But just look at Ringo’s reaction and Vince’s reaction. It’s “beautiful” and awe-inspiring and intriguing. Gold may be great, but it is none of those things. It’s way more personal than gold. It’s something that really means something to Marsellus. It is overwhelming.

It actually contains another, smaller briefcase.

Some say its has Walters Undies, the whites, in the case. I say its that big fucking diamond from Snatch.

I give you 3 possible contents. Im sure its one of these 3. I do not care what anyone else says! Its whatever the viewer wants it to fucking be. It also could be John Holmes pickled wenis. Yeah, I think I would like it to be that. But actually, I will tell the truth. Its been a big cover up all along because the whole story had to be cut out because it made Pulp way too long. They started to release Pulp as two movies, Vol1 and Vol 2 but QT thought that was a lame idea. Its Butches Gold Watch. I can’t believe no ones ever figured that one out. Its a very funny story that I would love to tell you about but I don’t have the time right now, maybe later.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
Its Butches Gold Watch. I can’t believe no ones ever figured that one out. Its a very funny story that I would love to tell you about but I don’t have the time right now, maybe later.
[/quote]

Please. Continue the joke.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
It actually contains another, smaller briefcase.

Some say its has Walters Undies, the whites, in the case. I say its that big fucking diamond from Snatch.

I give you 3 possible contents. Im sure its one of these 3. I do not care what anyone else says! Its whatever the viewer wants it to fucking be. It also could be John Holmes pickled wenis. Yeah, I think I would like it to be that. But actually, I will tell the truth. Its been a big cover up all along because the whole story had to be cut out because it made Pulp way too long. They started to release Pulp as two movies, Vol1 and Vol 2 but QT thought that was a lame idea. Its Butches Gold Watch. I can’t believe no ones ever figured that one out. Its a very funny story that I would love to tell you about but I don’t have the time right now, maybe later.
[/quote]

My dirty undies dude…THE WHITES

Mr. Blue is in the Suitcase.