The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The Bob Dylan Thread

Discuss Dylan here!

Favorite song? lyrics? album? worst?

When did you discover Dylan? or if you hate him - why?

I like him.

Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds is better than Bob Dylan’s version, their voices are better.

I don’t agree at all. The only Dylan Cover I REALLY like is Sonic Youthd version of I’m Not There

Favorite song is when the ship comes in I don’t really know why. I discovered him in the 7th grade we had to read a biography and the only left in the school library was Bob’s I read it then checked his music out and have loved him ever since I saw him in concert last October it was awsome even though he mumbled alot more than i thought he would but it was still great

I have to say my favourite song is “Blowin’ in the Wind”. That song was so popular because it was so perfect. There are many more songs that are so lyrically relevant, even to this day though.

Dylan = genius.

I chose to do my 8th grade music history class research paper on him. Good thread Max.

I did a music history research paper on him to! HIGH FIVE! 8)

All the tired horses is his weirdest song ever - 2 lines sung by women over and over…

All the tired horses in the sun

How’m I supposed to get any ridin’ done? Hmm.

…for 4 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Bad Max”]
I did a music history research paper on him to! HIGH FIVE! 8)
[/quote]

^5 DUDE!!! ;D

I am obsessed with Love Minus Zero/No Limit right now.

Who has seen I’m Not There?

Plus not to bash the Bob Dylan thread, but any Doors fans in this place besides me?

Love Minus Zero/no limit is also one of my favorites i to was obessed with it a while ago after seeing a youtube video with him singing it.

I dig the doors too

Think Blood on the tracks is his best and I love the latest one Modern Times - surprisingly brilliant!

As far as songs go I’m partial to ‘Positively 4th street’ and ‘meet me in the morning’.

I love Dylan. My fave Dylan tune is Girl From the North Country. I’ll post more here laters, my dinner’s ready!