The bastard language

I expect the Nazis to call people “Schweinehund” and talk to each other in short, almost-german sentences. That’s the exploitation way, lol.

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … lated&nbsp”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>; ^-^

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
I expect the Nazis to call people “Schweinehund” and talk to each other in short, almost-german sentences. That’s the exploitation way, lol.
[/quote]

Haha… but that’s not the QT way:p

I loved the part in Castellari’s IB when the bastards go swimming with the German soldier women, and then they see Fred Williamson and realize those are americans and one of them screams “Amerikaner!!!” haha classic.

Theres French, German, Italian spoken in this film. So theres gonna be a good amount of subtitles.

I still wonder how far QT will go with the original languages. I mean it would add to the authenticity if germans spoke german etc… but then again a) it’s not supposed to be a deal real ww2 drama like saving private ryan and b) it would enormously decrease mass-audience appeal. subtitles are not exactly loved by american theater goers :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I still wonder how far QT will go with the original languages. I mean it would add to the authenticity if germans spoke german etc… but then again a) it’s not supposed to be a deal real ww2 drama like saving private ryan and b) it would enormously decrease mass-audience appeal. subtitles are not exactly loved by american theater goers :wink:
[/quote]

That’s what’s always been in my mind too… of course then leading to the issue of commercial appeal.

On the otherhand, he obviously grew up watching a lot of movies witha lot of subtitles so he feels inclined to include them thoroughly in his picture… not for authenticity, but just because it will appeal to him. ; )

I can hear it now:

AWESOME FILM! Too many subtitles though!

plus you can not to the original language thing and the film doesn’t necessarily have to be cheesy or anything. examples: Casablanca. accents aren’t that bad…

You’re right Sebby. It can be done. I don’t particularly mind subtitles at all. In fact, sometimes I put the subtitles on when I’m watching DVDs, just cos. Usually put the spanish subtitles on though.

I think I’m going to try and learn some more French. If I get that language programme, I could learn a lot by the time the film comes out. German is too hard.

easier than french, unless you know spanish already then you’d be indeed easier off with french. learned french for over 5 years, can’t even hold a conversation…

Yeah, I’m pretty good with Spanish. I only need to be able to understand French more, not necessarily speak it. I WISH I could learn German, but it’s SO different.

germans not THAT different from french though

Le croissant, le roquefort bleu, the how do you say? ah yes, champanya

OOh, tres bien xD

argh u know what really sux though? I live in croatia, but ye i go to an american school though.

And the theatres here dont dub movies, they only sub them. Which is a good thing of course, but it will kinda suck for me coz i cant really read croatian that well xD So ill understand the english and german stuff, but the french… ye will be tough. but im planning to go to london with a friend, just over the weekend to see inglorious bastards xD geeks4eva

[quote=“Mr. Jettah”]
germans not THAT different from french though
[/quote]

what??? ???

we borrow a good deal french words, but that’s where the similarities stop really… don’t wanna start a discussion about linguistics (which I devoted a few semesters of study to), but it is VERY different…

well when i was learning french it was always much easier for me compared to the others (who were mostly american). Some grammar stuf is similar, but what im talkin about is vocabulary. Many, many, many words are similar. And you cant change my opinion coz i actually experienced it myself lol it really was much simpler for me to learn french coz i knew german.

not trying to change your opinion. but since i am german, and i tried learning french for almost 6 years, i conclude that the similarities are minimal :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
not trying to change your opinion. but since i am german, and i tried learning french for almost 6 years
[/quote]
well same here :stuck_out_tongue: but whatever xD

German is crazy difficult for me. French almost seems easy. I can read something in French, and understand most of it after a while. I just want to be able to get into the film more than a normal subtitled film, and French is the easiest for me to pick up on.