The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The Annual Quentin Tarantino Film Festival

Does anyone know when the next festival will be, and if there is definitely gonna be one this year?

I’m gonna be coming over from England especially for it!

Be pure, be vigilant, behave… be cool.

Kim

:-*

i don’t know if there’s gonna be one this year, but i guess there will be - else it wouldn’t be ANNUAL :wink:

i always intended to fly over there to Austin, but I don’t have the money ;-(

anyone wanna donate some EUROS to me? Pleeez? ;D

I dont think QT will be having the Film Fest this year on account he’ll be shooting Kill Bill. I know part of the film takes place in Austin Texas: I think Budd (Michael Madsen) lives there. But unless QT has the energy to shoot AND do the fest, I highly doubt its gonna happen.

but as far as I’ve heard, he’ll take some days off-set to use his festival to promote Kill Bill.

but we’ll see.

I will email the Festival Organisation today.

I dont think QT has to promote the film while hes shooting it though. The Fest is usually held in August, shooting begins in June, so he most likely will be shooting for at least 3 months. Usually directors promote a film after its done, not while filming it.

Note: Last year at QT5 he showed many of the films that inspired Kill Bill, like Star Trek 2, Fists of Fury, Rolling Thunder, Day of Anger. The theme of last years fest was REVENGE. :slight_smile:

Any news on QT6? What does everyone know about it? What’s the best website for it? Is anyone going? Hopefully they’ll have it this year and it might be the first time I get to go.

the best and only website about QT film fest is EITHER the one over at badassmovieimages.com (he has a subsection which is in construcion and will be online during QT6). and of course:

THE OFFICIAL LINK:

http://www.drafthouse.com/downtown/downtown.html

The next QT Fest will likely be in 2003… either in the February to April timeframe of sometime in Summer (most people seem to be betting on Summer). QT has bought films to show for QT6… so it looks most likely to take place right after editing and press for Kill Bill. Which if it is shown at Cannes (May) then we could see a fest in the June-August timeframe.

Tickets when announced will be available online for purchase. The fest itself will be about 10 nights. Most hotels around the Drafthouse house are around $75-$125 a night. The full festival pass is usually around $130. The theater it is shown at The Alamo Drafthouse also has a full kitchen… so its perfect for 10 nights of movies where you can watch movies from 7 pm til the morning light… sleep all day and go back to watching movies.

I should have my QT Film Fest area up here in the next 2 weeks. Mainly covering QT3-QT5 with QT1 and QT2 coverage.

thats cool.

thanks badass!

UPDATE:

I have re-done my Film Fest pages, they’re not complete yet but i am working on it.

I am hoping to attend the next one. I found out about QT 5 before it started, but before I could plan on attending and saving some money for it. I so want to meet Tarantino. I have met some other directors and authors before.

Who wouldn’t sell their soul to meet Quentin in person?

[quote=“Reservoir_Bitch”]
Does anyone know when the next festival will be, and if there is definitely gonna be one this year?
[/quote]
20-05-2002! Were still waiting…

I can’t believe the date on this post! I have never heard of ‘The Annual Quentin Tarantino Film Festival’ what’s it all about? Does anyone knopw if there will be one this year and when, i’d definitely go, no matter what the cost!!!

There was once a QT5 Trailer in the downloads section… (not there anymore)

But heres the Austin website with all the Festival Programs

http://www.austinfilm.org/qtfestival/qt5.php

I read somewhere that the QT festival won’t be anymore. Because QT takes too much time with the promotion of KB, so he wants to take time for him now…

That’s a real fucking waste!!! :’(

i think some day QT will do one again. its his passion to show his favorite movies, he’ll continue that, maybe he’ll do one to introduce some of the films that influenced him on writing Inglorious Bastards

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
i think some day QT will do one again. its his passion to show his favorite movies, he’ll continue that, maybe he’ll do one to introduce some of the films that influenced him on writing Inglorious Bastards
[/quote]

that would be cool. I don’t know why I’m saying that becoz I never can see the festival… But sounds cool anywhay. And I agree that it’s his passion to show movies he loves, that’s why he always talk about a theater wich he would buy later when he would be over with his movies… And that too, I never can see them… :-</E>

If this goes down again, i’ll definitly go up to england, dont care if i have to fuckin swim there, if this ever goes down again (in england or any other western european country) im there, front row 8)

England? I was told earlier that it took place in Austin, Texas. Not that i’m complaining, I live in England.

i heard there was an edition in England too? earlier though, pre-2000