Tarantino's Writing

Read many of his screenplays. A truely gifted writer. Flamboyant, very funny, well crafted, meticulous, as far as his screenplays go they have a novelistic approach to them, very post-Modernist. BUT… I must say, his grammar is truely atrocious. But it is evident that Tarantino is incredibly well read and literary, but the grammar. In I.B he couldnt spell Boston (Bostin) and he kept writing your instead of you’re. The list just goes on… Just a little thing I picked up on… O0

Proves you dont need education to be talented! I love to see someone without a degree succeed in life!

[quote=“dandadub”]Proves you dont need education to be talented! I love to see someone without a degree succeed in life![/quote]

Totally agree. It just might upset the "Grammar Nazis" excuse the pun. I'm sometimes guilty of being one myself. But he's still a very good writer.

didn’t he say he wrote like that on puropose?

If you read KB or Death Proof his writing is damn perfect.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]didn’t he say he wrote like that on puropose?

If you read KB or Death Proof his writing is damn perfect.[/quote]

yes, he did. the "basquiat touch". also his other script are perfectly written it's because the script was revised by a typist.. i'm pretty sure he has his assistant putting the script into the proper format. as lawrence bender said in the Reservoir Dogs DVD, the script he read was filled with typos and had no script format whatsoever. beside, i read once he's dyslexic. i love the fact he's proud of his shitty handwriting, (the death list five, in IB.....)

[quote=“Cpt tonyanthony”][quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]didn’t he say he wrote like that on puropose?

If you read KB or Death Proof his writing is damn perfect.[/quote]

yes, he did. the "basquiat touch". also his other script are perfectly written it's because the script was revised by a typist.. i'm pretty sure he has his assistant putting the script into the proper format. as lawrence bender said in the Reservoir Dogs DVD, the script he read was filled with typos and had no script format whatsoever. beside, i read once he's dyslexic. i love the fact he's proud of his shitty handwriting, (the death list five, in IB.....)[/quote]

Well he felt so close to the writing on IB, that he decided to have the title of the movie appear on screen just like he wrote it!!

It’s also on one of the rifles in the film.

Its because QT dropped out when he was 16.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Its because QT dropped out when he was 16.[/quote]

You should already know your basic grammar by the time your 16.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]Its because QT dropped out when he was 16.[/quote]

You should already know your basic grammar by the time your 16.[/quote]

“you’re”

;D

who gives a fuck about grammar anyway.

his writing is amazing and can be seen literally in the opening credits of IB…that is his handwriting as it appears on the script as many know already.

and i read an interview with Waltz recently where he said that QT maybe leaked the script on purpose…anyone agree?

Firstly, he sure loved the fact that the script leaked cause he used his handwriting title twice in the movie cause fans knew it, otherwise he wouldn’t have done it. At least, not on the rifle. Then if he leaked it on purpose, it sure helped the movie to get promotion, to get fans excited and so on.

Well he is proud of his scripts. ;D One of the coolest things he’s said.