The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Tarantino's Universes and Kill Bill

In an interview Q.T. mentioned that Kill Bill is like what people from the Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction universe see when they go to a movie.

I love that idea.

I’d like to think that somewhere, Mrs. Mina Wallace went clean after that whole Vincent Vega scare and a coupla years later, after pounding the pavement in shitty auditions for a while, scored a role in a little martial arts film called Kill Bill. She cut back on the Red Apples for a coupla months, learned a little sword and knife work, dyed her hair and scored a keeper of a role.

In that land just sideways to this one, Jules was wandering the earth…you know, like “Cain in Kung Fu” stopped his adventures for a night in a movie theatre, bought some popcorn, lamented that in the States you can’t get a glass of beer when you see a click and saw his former boss-man’s wife on the big screen. "No motherfuckin’ shit, she’s gonna kill Caine from Kung-fu in volume 2. Good for her…still ain’t right what went down with Tony Rocky Horror, though."

Thoughts like that keep me warm at night.

I finally saw this today and throughout the movie–because I didn’t realize it was a 2 part story–I was expecting “The Bride” to tell a cheezy joke about a family of tomatoes with the punchline being something about Ketchup.

Did noone else get the feeling they were watching the film adaptation of “Fox Force Five”??

oh definitely. Quentin points out that the DiVAS are assassins, whereas the Fox Force Five are law enforcers. He said they were inspired by some seventies TV show that starred Joanna Cassidy.

[quote]I finally saw this today and throughout the movie–because I didn’t realize it was a 2 part story–I was expecting “The Bride” to tell a cheezy joke about a family of tomatoes with the punchline being something about Ketchup.

Did noone else get the feeling they were watching the film adaptation of “Fox Force Five”??
[/quote]

Since there’s black girl, a japanese girls, a French girl and Uma Turman playing with knives in both “Fox Force Five” and in Kill Bill, I also got that feeling plus some of my friends mentionned that after they saw KBv1

Contrary to popular belief, Elle is not French. In the script for Vol. 2 (and I SWEAR I’m not giving away anything) Budd refers to her as that “Viking bitch”, so that means she’s Nordic.

[quote]Contrary to popular belief, Elle is not French. In the script for Vol. 2 (and I SWEAR I’m not giving away anything) Budd refers to her as that “Viking bitch”, so that means she’s  Nordic.[/quote]

If shes of Scandanavian nationality, it could be a little nod to one of Elles inspirations: Christina Lindberg in They Call Her One Eye. That film was made in Sweden.

Whoa, that’s cool. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.