The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Tarantino Fan Art

I noticed there is some artists around this forum. Here is a place to post your artistic homages to Quentin and his films. Here’s one to start off with: Mr. Brown/ Resevoir Dogs digital photo-manipulated caricature

>:(

LOL. WTF is happening to this forum?

[quote=“Pete”]
LOL. WTF is happening to this forum?
[/quote] What do you mean, Pete?

[quote=“Bone Daddy”]
I noticed there is some artists around this forum. Here is a place to post your artistic homages to Quentin and his films. Here’s one to start off with: Mr. Brown/ Resevoir Dogs digital photo-manipulated caricature
[/quote]

Cool :smiley: Did you do that in corel Painter Essentials? I can do something like that with my scketch board :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Bone Daddy”]
What do you mean, Pete?
[/quote]
Meaning alot of people are fucking up this forum

[quote=“Ronja”]
Cool :smiley: Did you do that in corel Painter Essentials? I can do something like that with my scketch board :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote] Just plain old Microsoft. It’s not the tools, it’s what you do with them.[quote=“me”]
Meaning alot of people are fucking up this forum
[/quote] I think the forum is humming along just fine, Me.

I mean, I’m just trying to be a Nice Guy Eddie digital photo-manipulated caricature.

[quote=“Bone Daddy”]
I mean, I’m just trying to be a Nice Guy Eddie digital photo-manipulated caricature.
[/quote]

Wow!

heres another topic with some of our grindhouse related artwork

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 975.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,7975.0.html</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Pete”]
heres another topic with some of our grindhouse related artwork

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 975.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,7975.0.html</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote] If you include all his films, you don’t need a specific thread for each film. Everything I saw in there looked like poster clips downloaded off the net. I’m talking about members doing their own original work, not copying someone else’s.

Taking a photo and morphing it isnt really original to me. Im a professional graphic artist/cartoonist, I do all my own original art. All those posters I made were original poster designs, I was just using photos from the films.

If you want to actually draw something by hand or design an original picture/poster using your own ideas, thats art. Not just taking a photo and using some Photoshop tools and warping it and adding some color. Cmon dude. Give us a break.

[quote=“Pete”]
Im a professional graphic artist/cartoonist, I do all my own original art. [/quote]

Oh really ? That’s great, that explains why you alway spay that much attention to do animated gifs, and such stuff. For what kind of company are you working for ?

Lilli, I work for myself doing freelance. Everything from caricatures to logo design to desktop publishing. Id much rather be making movies though. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Pete”]
Taking a photo and morphing it isnt really original to me. Im a professional graphic artist/cartoonist, I do all my own original art. All those posters I made were original creations, I was just using photos from the films.
[/quote] Then you should put some of your stuff in here. It’s a little more involved than what you think. In caricature, you have to retain the character of the subject, otherwise it turns into an unrecognizable blob. I have to pour over an entire film, and cap dozens of expressions to go thru, til I find the right ones.

I dont know. Theres no set talent to do those kinds of pictures. If you sit down and draw something by hand on the spot its something else. Anyone with photoshop can make weird screwy pictures from screencaps. You just play around with the tools.

[quote=“Pete”]
I dont know. Theres no set talent to do those kinds of pictures. If you sit down and draw something by hand on the spot its something else. Anyone with photoshop can make weird screwy pictures from screencaps. You just play around with the tools.
[/quote]I’ve seen some pretty bad photoshop since I’ve been on the web. I already have my chops as a professional artist and illustrator. I was a sports illustrator thruout the 80’s. A very tough gig, if there’s one flaw in the uniform or equipment, you get 10,000 death threats. I worked as a police sketch artist for a year, which was surreal. Ihave had dozens of one-person and group shows in formal galleries. I just happen to enjoy the computer art now. No muss, no fuss. And I get to play with subjects like this:

Thats cool man. Keep doin your thing! Right now Im not too interested in wacky Photoshop stuff myself. Im actually tired of graphics in general Ive done all that kind of stuff since I was a little kid.

Heres a Mr Pink photo that took me a couple minutes to do.

Yep kids! You can do it too! Open up Photoshop, and apply FX tools to your screencaps! haha. :slight_smile:

You would have to agree tho, that classical formal art is almost extinct. I work ArtBasel once a year in Miami, and computer art is starting to weigh heavy on the balance.

I’ll always be more impressed by actual hand rendered paintings and artwork over computer generated stuff. And Ive been doing that stuff for years. That goes for film too. Making films isnt about CGI FX and greenscreen. Theyre just tools anyone can mess around with.