Tarantino anticipates retirement :O

if he did retire and opened a cinema id travel all the way from dublin to see one of his screenings!

I’m never comfortable when it comes to my idols (so-to-speak) talking about retirement and the like. You want your sources of inspiration and happiness to carry on carrying on, but at the same time you’re weary that nothing lasts forever. You just hope for the best and try to enjoy it before it’s gone. I’m sure there’s a lot to come from our Quentin, yet. Inglourious Basterds, ftw!! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]
Maybe he will become a writer, but I think it’s just as likely that he will continue to work in films after the age of 60, if only to prove to himself and/or others that he still can do it.
[/quote]

This is my 1st time posting bout ny filmaker but i noticed over the years that all my fav movies were by tarantino (i saw natural born killers when i was 17) he didnt direct it but he had a hand n it then true romance n now i c this post bout him retiring when hes 60! wtf! Tarantino if u ever read this DON’T RETIRE! ur movies r great! i’ve seen ur interviews n u have a MASSIVE EGO but none the less well deserved! DON’T STOP! EVER!

Hey, welcome to the board. But don’t be too panicked, that thread is two years old. And it was gossip. Or Tarantino could have changed his mind in two years. So there’s no retirement planned or anything.

Quentin won’t quit, Hes making too much money, and doing something he loves. Plus we the fans will presure him to go on until he snaps.

I wouldn’t mind if he retired to write. I think I would enjoy reading his novels almost as much as watching his movies. Besides, it’s not like he’s turning 60 anytime soon. 14 years is a long time. Especially to me considering I’ve only been a QT fan for 7 years.