The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Tarantino and Crime

This topic can be used to discuss anything regarding Tarantino AND Crime (not either or). I was reading a topic on another forum about whether you would watch a directors film who had been involved in crime, and examples came up of Roman Polanski having sex with an underage girl in Jack Nicholson’s house and the director of Jeepers Creepers had a ‘kiddie fiddling’ history.

Anyway this got me thinking about the crimes Tarantino did as I recall this being briefly discussed on the Jay Leno show. I know he did a short time in prison for not paying a parking ticket. And what was that book that he was caught stealing when he was younger? I think it was by Elmore Leonard? Any other instances of Tarantino being involved with crime?

For anyone who thinks otherwise, I’m NOT trying to say that I wouldn’t watch a QT film just because he stole a book, in-fact this has got nothing to do with that other topic (from the other forum) and has got nothing to do with QT’s movies or anything like that. I am just interested in the mans life as I remember I was about to open a topic like this after I watched that Jay Leno show and wondered what crime he did.

in Jami Bernards book, you get a lot of insight in Tarantino’s personality and youth, its an interesting read also in the perspective you mention

[quote]in Jami Bernards book, you get a lot of insight in Tarantino’s personality and youth, its an interesting read also in the perspective you mention[/quote]
[color=Orange]I refer to that book every once in a while for inspiration and motivation, since Quentin seems so similar to some of my friends and myself with our up bringing and interests.

8)

[quote]in Jami Bernards book, you get a lot of insight in Tarantino’s personality and youth, its an interesting read also in the perspective you mention[/quote]

Thank you!!