The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Street Fighter IV

I played my first Street Fighter game back in 1992 on Sega Mega Drive. It was the second in the series and arguably to this day still the best in the series. However, that may well change with the new Street Fighter IV released today in UK and a couple of days ago in the States. There’s been a massive hype surrounding it and from what I’ve seen thus far (I’ve been following its progress for over a year) it looks absolutely fucking immense!

The game looks beautiful and the animation and colours (especially the ink splashes) are very appealing. I’ve heard good things about the audio too (not the soundtrack). Only thing I’m worried about it playing it with my 360 pad which isn’t exactly the best for beat-em-ups. I’ll see how it goes and may buy a seperate pad/stick.

I ordered mine just yesterday after ordering and cancelling from many different places and finally settling for Shopto who have dispatched it today so should be here tomorrow. I’m so excited and have spent the last week watching gameplay videos, reading reviews and visiting forums. It’s gotten rave reviews, a lot of 9’s and 10’s.

Anybody else here also getting it/already got it?

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYObl19geKQ

I’m totally obsessed with Street Fighter 2. I orginally choose Kenneth as my name because of the Ken character.

I played an early version of SF IV in Leipzig at the Games Convention, and it was pretty damn sweet. Ordered the UK Special Edition with 2 Figures (Ryu and Viper).

As soon as it arrives next week, I’m going to jump into super geek mode and play it for like a day or something, until my brain hurts or I get hungry.

Street Fighter 2 was fucking HUGE back in the days. Funny thing is I never knew 1 and 3 ever existed cause nobody ever mentions them. But number 2 was pure arcade joy in the early nineties.

Hope they kept Bison for this new one!

[quote=“Scarface”]
Hope they kept Bison for this new one!
[/quote]

They did.

Yeah, Ken was my favourite too. It’s weird, normally when it came to anything (like TV shows, cartoons, games etc.) I always liked the “leader” who always happened to be the best in my eyes, the most. For example, Leonardo was my favourite Turtle. So everything pointed towards me liking Ryu the most but I opted for Ken and have always played as him in ever SF game, whereas my bro always picked Ryu. So this new one is going to bring some memories back, can’t wait until my bro visits, we’ll have a good old fashioned Ken Vs Ryu showdown!

Also, they have made Ken a proper signature character in this one. He’s not just an exact clone of Ryu. Check out some gameplay vids on YouTube, you’ll love it.

I was just watching this:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLrWgVPe … A0&index=7”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLrWgVPeCzI&feature=PlayList&p=0823E8ABCD7630A0&index=7</LINK_TEXT>

It’s pretty funny.

I’ve only been playing for a few hours but I pretty much love it so far. It doesn’t seem nearly as fresh and awesome as SFII did back in the day, SFIV is just an updated version, but a very well made one.

That Seth motherfucker is seriously overpowered, couldn’t beat his ass 4 times in a row in Arcade Mode on easy-difficulty.

A detail that I hate: When you have Ken set on english (can’t understand him in japanese) he just screams “HUAGH!!” when doing the whirlwind kick with his feet, instead of what he usually screams.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
A detail that I hate: When you have Ken set on english (can’t understand him in japanese) he just screams “HUAGH!!” when doing the whirlwind kick with his feet, instead of what he usually screams.
[/quote]

There’s a similar thing with Akuma too. That’s the reason I’ve switched some of their languages to Japanese. Plus, it just sounds cooler 8)