The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Has anyone played this? its pretty bloody good surprisinly its a great story which details a massive hole in the Star wars universe and its so much fun playing a sith throwing around jedi, jawas and stormtroopers

I’ve been waiting for this game since the start of the year. I kept up to date with all the info and stuff. Initially I was very excited about it, however, when specific details started emerging, it was clear that it would be pretty repetitive, withought much depth gameplay-wise. My fears were realised after I played the demo that was made available through Xbox Live. It proved that it was only one to rent, as opposed to buy. The reviews I’ve read have been less than satisfactory, with a lot of people being disappointed by it. With that said, it has done quite well financially. I hear there will be DLC available where you can play as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker et al.

i woudn’t say its the best game of the year as it is quite repetative like you said i dont know why but i had heaps of fun playing it, the only part i hated was the star destroyer part

Yeah I can imagine. It’s a shame they didn’t deliver like they said they would, oh well. KOTOR and Jedi Outcast were good games, I’d like something similar only better what with the high definition next generation. Also, it’s not like the 360 (what console do you have?) has a lack of interesting upcoming games. I mean Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2, COD 5 etc. all coming out in the next couple of months, it’s crazy. Also, I recently bought Fifa 09 and it’s fucking immense. Couple that with Halo 3 (which I have basically played everyday since release) and I have enough to keep me occupied til I die ;D

ps3, just in the waiting for a few games as well, in between GTA4 and MGS4 this was just about the only game that interested me. Im in aus so i still have to wait for Rock Band but really lookin foward to COD5 (wish Infinity ward made this one too…) and far cry but exclusive wise only really killzone and the new resistance game