The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Sqibbs

Does anyone have any info on how to make sqibbs or a web site link about them, anyone have exp. with sqibbs. Basically any info on them would be most helpful. Thanks

[quote=“ronin”]
Does anyone have any info on how to make sqibbs or a web site link about them, anyone have exp. with sqibbs. Basically any info on them would be most helpful. Thanks
[/quote]

I forgot what those are, can you explain?

exploding packets of fake blood used

the old HK method is condoms filled with fake blood. Then you need a little explosive device behind it and then you’re set to go

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]
the old HK method is condoms filled with fake blood. Then you need a little explosive device behind it and then you’re set to go
[/quote]

I don't wanna ruin my condoms! My condoms!

[quote]the old HK method is condoms filled with fake blood. Then you need a little explosive device behind it and then you’re set to go[/quote]

lol, that doesn’t sound too safe. Someone’s nipples are bound to get blown up. :slight_smile:

so no one has any links or info on squibbs, i asked because i wanted to know how to make one, not host a joke column

Here you go ronin. Not really squibs but a special effect similar to squibs without the use of explosives.

http://www.exposure.co.uk/eejit/blood/index.html

thanks a lot film guy

I’m trying to figure out how to make Robert Rodriguez’s “Guacamoli (sp?) Gun” which is compressed air, going to a rifle, then he shoots the fake blood, wich is somehow going someplace between the co2, and the gun, at the actor, and it looks really good.

I’m wondering if one could do the co2 going to a thin PVC pipe.

gas-compressed squibs like the ones on exposure are the oly way to go. They are so much more cheaper than explosive ones and one hundred times safer.

But the old hk method requies like batteries and stuff.

i hope i dont get arrested for this, but if u get a copy of the anarchist cookbook. There are some good explosives. The smoke ones are good for smokey scenes without a smoke machine. But i would be careful, cause you dont want to hurt yourself or your crew.

CONDOMS!!!

weeeee :smiley:

lol we should have a getting shot/fake blood video contest.

this page was very helpful that contest would be alot of fun lol

What I do is fill an egg with fake blood and hurl it at the person being “shot.” It splatters on their chest and there is a small explosion of blood. It looks great if edited correctly and is MUCH quicker than that fucking insecticide sprayer.