Spike Lee

The man himself doesn´t look like a cool guy to me, but I like most of his films I´ve seen. 25TH HOUR ranks first (though some fans seem to think that there isn´t enough Lee in there), followed by HE GOT GAME. Then CLOCKERS.

i poop on spike lee, although i liked 25th hour

ive only seen the 25th Hour, it was ok, but I want to watch some of his other movies. Save Us Joe Louise sounds really interesting though and i would definatly go to see it.

[quote=“Starkey”]
Because he’s a racist hypocrite. He hates “ALL” white people…because he thinks all white people hate all black people. Or at least that’s what he wants people to think he is like. He acts as though he is some sort of extremist when, at the same time, he has done nothing but profit from his racist mindset. He is a populor director not because of his movies, but because of how he acts around the media.
[/quote]

DAMNIT, i wish he stil went here so i could tell em to shut the fuck up with this bulshit.

Mookie was born white and he’s gonna die white. Spike and the whole stack of Lees are just doing it every which way they can. His eyes are bugging because he’s trying to hold back the daggers. If I was Spike Lee I would unmake my last movie because I realized it was bad and then I’d do something with Jerry Lewis in it to get some of that Tarantino street cred and maybe a palm d’or.

the best part of malcom x was when malcom x was shot . Malcom x the man was racist though

[quote=“Tim”]
Malcom x the man was racist though
[/quote]

If you watched the movie, you would’ve noticed that Malcolm’s views on racism evolved after his experience in Mecca.

[quote=“Tim”]
the best part of malcom x was when malcom x was shot . Malcom x the man was racist though
[/quote]

lmao at that comment, thats a real shame you had to go there

Spike Lee’s last movie was such a disaster. She Hate Me. I still can’t believe I saw it in the theater.

so you enjoy blacks getting shot? >:(

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
lmao at that comment, thats a real shame you had to go there
[/quote]

were you offended by that comment?

In my opinion, Spike Lee is one of the finest film makers ever in the US!

Here : July 1999: Features :

Scroll down to video, you can:

“View the digital interview to hear Spike Lee’s thoughts on “Summer of Sam” and his relationships with Samuel L. Jackson and Quentin Tarantino.”

He is kinda racist but hes still a really good filmmaker. His best were 25th Hour and Do the Right Thing.

Spike Lee is not racist, let that be a fact

[quote=“Starkey”]
Because he’s a racist hypocrite. He hates “ALL” white people…because he thinks all white people hate all black people. Or at least that’s what he wants people to think he is like. He acts as though he is some sort of extremist when, at the same time, he has done nothing but profit from his racist mindset. He is a populor director not because of his movies, Â but because of how he acts around the media.

So, when a black celebrity speaks out against racism he’s a racsist? But everyone else can speak out against it, but black people, is that how it is? He’s not a racist. He’s a prof at N.Y.U at the graduate level. If he WAS like you say he is, then he would NOT be teaching there. I can guarentee that. The fact is is that white people see him differently than black people. White and black people see RACISM differently, and if you’re a black person in the spotlight speaking out against racsism, alot of white people are going to think you are a racist. How would you like it if no black celebrity ever spoke out against racism? The argument he had against Flags of our fathers was a good argument. Why? Because a African American WWII vet who was in battle on D-Day said that he felt sad not to see ANY black soldiers in that movie. But what else is new, Hollywood has been NOT or Misrepresenting African Americans and other minorities for years. You all know this. This is not new news. So, do they NOT have the same right as white people about speaking out against something that has effected them since Hollywood began? I say yes they do. They’re citizens just like white people. This is everyone’s America, not just white people. I’m sorry but, Spike Lee isn’t the hypocrite.

He may seem alittle extreme in his view, but doesn’t make him a racist, it makes him a man concerned about the well being of his people just like you are of your people. I completely disagree with you on this.

Anyway. I love all of his fims other than:

Crooklyn

Girl 6

Bamboozled.

I can’t wait until Miracle at St. Anna comes out. I WILL be comparing it to Inglorious Bastards too see which one I like better.[/quote]

I think that Spike Lee is a great film maker. All though Bamboozled sucked. I don’t think he’s a racist. I can see where some people might think that he’s a racist. I feel that Hollywood at times in it’s history was a racist industry. All in all, he makes good films.

Hey I saw The Summer Of Sam for the first time ever, it was grrrrrrreat!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Hey I saw The Summer Of Sam for the first time ever, it was grrrrrrreat!
[/quote]

It’s a very good movie. I’ve got the DVD